My sad story...

Impulse622

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
Okay. So, I'll try and wake this as short as possible. Last year my old phone broke. So I decided to get the iPhone. Unfortunately I live in Canada, so I didn't know how long I had to wait. I kept waiting and waiting, getting excited for each rumour. But each time it was disappointment over and over again. I decided to wait one more time. One more rumour. If it turned out to be false this time. I would just get a new phone. So in May there was another rumour that it would be coming. Again it turned out to be false. This time I couldn't take it. I still had my old plan for my old phone. So I decided to just get a different phone. The phone I got was an LG rumour. I just realized how ironic that is right now. Lol. Anyways, I got the phone, and on the news two days later it was confirmed that the iPhone is coming to Canada. That just sucks. That's my crappy life.

dhp1080

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
<Insert soft violin music here>

My sister's phone broke last year (keypad locked up, making the phone worthless) so she was forced into buying a new phone. A year later, she's interested in the iPhone. Sadly enough, this means she'll have to pay an extra $200 for the phone because she's not upgrade eligible. If only phone companies were only more understanding...

supermum

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
Okay. So, I'll try and wake this as short as possible. Last year my old phone broke. So I decided to get the iPhone. Unfortunately I live in Canada, so I didn't know how long I had to wait. I kept waiting and waiting, getting excited for each rumour. But each time it was disappointment over and over again. I decided to wait one more time. One more rumour. If it turned out to be false this time. I would just get a new phone. So in May there was another rumour that it would be coming. Again it turned out to be false. This time I couldn't take it. I still had my old plan for my old phone. So I decided to just get a different phone. The phone I got was an LG rumour. I just realized how ironic that is right now. Lol. Anyways, I got the phone, and on the news two days later it was confirmed that the iPhone is coming to Canada. That just sucks. That's my crappy life.
Doesn't Rogers (like all US carriers) have a return policy? Typically you have 14-30 days to return the phone.

Mihai

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site

awfully bad timing :p
Normally, in such cases, I wait, and wait, and wait... But the reward is worthwhile :)

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I am reminded of the inspirational speaker that I saw one Saturday morning during pledge week. She told the story about asking her service station guy to check the oil. He came back and reported that she was 2 quarts down. She laughed. Then he told her that all of her belts and hoses were shot. She laughed. Then he told her that her ignition wiring was also shot. She laughed. He said, "Ma'm usually when I give news like that, the customer is not happy. What are you laughing at?" She said, "I am laughing because I can pay."

Her point was that if money can fix it and you have got the money, it is not a problem. Storms are problems, even sick babies are problems. While you probably cannot afford everything you want. you can afford anything you want.

It was an epiphany, a big five minutes. I have had a much better sense of proportion ever since. I have been much happier. I have been grateful.

(Incidentally, as best I can tell, even money will not fix Palm.)

Kupe#WP

Jul 28, 2000
Visit site
<Insert soft violin music here>

My sister's phone broke last year (keypad locked up, making the phone worthless) so she was forced into buying a new phone. A year later, she's interested in the iPhone. Sadly enough, this means she'll have to pay an extra $200 for the phone because she's not upgrade eligible. If only phone companies were only more understanding...
<insert Snidely Whiplash music here>

Heh - I assume it was a phone subsidized by the phone company so that your poor sister could afford it? If only customers were more understanding...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner