Does anyone use their iPhone charging dock?

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
Hi everyone,
Just had a quick question. Does anyone here use their iPhone dock? I don't use mine because I have a silicone case on my iPhone and it doesn't fit. Even when I didn't have a case I didn't use the dock.

How about everyone else? Do you use the charging dock? I heard that the new iPhone 3G doesn't come with one.

HawaiiMacAddict

Jun 27, 2008
home.hawaii.rr.com
Aloha iLoveiPhones,

I use mine daily - I even have a second dock, the one that came with Apple's Bluetooth headset. I also have a leather incase iPhone case, so I have to take it out of the case to dock it, but that's not really that big of a deal. Of course, I also have the cables that came in both the original box as well as the Bluetooth box, which are what I carry while on vacation.

I do not understand why Apple would not include a dock for the 3G iPhone, but I guess they just want to make more money,as is their right. I do think a $30 price point would have made more sense, however.

HawaiiMacAddict

jmeiners

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
This is one of the things that they have done to get the price down to 200 and 300 dollars. if you are a fan of the docks it is a huge pain, but it gets the price down.

gadgetluva

Mar 4, 2005
Visit site
I've never really used my docks too much, not for too long anyways. It's neat at first but I always end up using the cable direct into the iPhone. But, it would be nice to have it included - but given the new business model, it makes sense for Apple to increase contribution margin.

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
This is one of the things that they have done to get the price down to 200 and 300 dollars. if you are a fan of the docks it is a huge pain, but it gets the price down.

Well if that's the case they can chuck out the cleaning cloth, paperwork, and the box! Haha :D

BeyondtheTech

Jul 2, 2008
Visit site
As a developer, it's awkward to hand-hold to test your application running on the device when it's in the dock, so I've removed it permanently from my setup.

Mihai

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
I really liked the dock. It was a unique feature for a mobile phone. I don't think there are any other cellphones which have something like this.
But if you can use an iPhone without having a dock and if by removing it they can reduce the price, I guess it's ok.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73