So I know that apps aren't going to be able to run in the background, but does that include your music as well? Is m music going to stop playing so I can reply to a text, send and email, check a website, etc? If so that would kinda suck...
    07-04-2008 07:54 PM
    That's actually a good question. I'm very inexperienced when it comes to the iPhone's capabilities but I just assumed that it was implied the music would keep on trucking. Any help?
    07-04-2008 09:27 PM
    Your music does play in the background. Only time it stops is when you get a phone call. After the call is done it resumes.
    07-04-2008 10:13 PM
    Good to know. I was just thinking...wait if they don't want things running in the background does that include my music too? Good to know they're not that dumb =P
    07-04-2008 10:14 PM
    the "things" they dont want running are 3rd party apps, which DON'T include apple apps...
    07-04-2008 10:39 PM
    Your music does play in the background. Only time it stops is when you get a phone call. After the call is done it resumes.
    Very Cool!
    07-04-2008 10:43 PM
    i bet that hurts your battery, right?
    07-04-2008 10:56 PM
    My friend called me the other day and he played music on his iphone and I could hear it clearly on my end.
    07-05-2008 01:23 AM
    My friend called me the other day and he played music on his iphone and I could hear it clearly on my end.
    It was probably playing on his stereo. Otherwise, he has the only iPhone in the world with that feature/bug. Unless you can provide proof, I just plain don't believe you (sorry).
    07-05-2008 01:56 AM
    Sorry not gonna happen. Now what can happen is he can physically go into the iPod features while on a call and start music which would play through his headset on the call as well but you do not hear it. (I just tried it...) But if you are playing music and a call comes through the music stops until the call is over... plain and simple.
    07-05-2008 08:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD