Hi everyone,
    Since the iPhone 3G is coming out in less than 2 weeks I was just wondering what everyone's game plan is when it comes to where their going to get their iPhone and how long it will take to get it. As for the previous iPhone, I never waited in line to get mine and was just wondering how long it usually takes when your there the first day.

Also if you were the few that waited in line for the first iPhone, do you have any crazy stories to share with everyone about your experience?

Thanks and can't wait to hear your gameplans and stories
    06-28-2008 11:30 PM
    07-04-2008 05:59 PM
    That is hilarious. That would b very frustrating. I can see waiting out there for a day, but a week is over kill.
    07-04-2008 06:03 PM
    I can't believe it. I don't really think it's true. Maybe they were paid
    I think it's time some of you reconsider your staying in line strategies
    07-04-2008 06:15 PM
    I don't see how anyone could take a week off from practically anything and everything (work/school/life?) with no consequences or consideration of the fact that it's COMPLETELY unnecessary.
    07-04-2008 09:29 PM
    All I can say is , "iDiots ."
    07-04-2008 10:10 PM
    If this is indeed true it is pretty sad... but I figure in major Apple stores like the New York store you will see people camping out. Probably a hour away you can walk into a At&t store and walk right out on July 11th.
    07-04-2008 10:12 PM
    And yet this is probably the least strange thing going on in NYC right now... our forefathers would be proud.

ETA: Maybe this is the strangest thing going on in New York... I posted the above statment without watching the video clip. Hmmm... 6 Billion people to sign a petition. Good luck with that Captain. Considering that is almost the population of the world you will have to have infants sign, hunt down small African tribes to get their signature in goat's blood, break into the world's prisons, etc.
    I must admit though... I love the loonies.

As for the person who said that Apple must be paying these people.. I highly doubt it. I don't think this guy (who is chewing with his mouth open and spewing bits of apple and political bizarrities) is the face Apple wants to portray as various news agencies check in with him for a week.
    Last edited by h22kai; 07-04-2008 at 10:30 PM.
    07-04-2008 10:14 PM
    Man, I can't believe anybody would do this. Won't it be the same phone if they wait a week or a month?!? Like lemmings.
    07-04-2008 10:40 PM
    I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out Apple is paying (or otherwise compensating) them to do this.
    07-04-2008 10:57 PM
    the camping out part is one of my most favorite part. a week is a little silly, but am i the only one that loves to camp out that night?
    07-04-2008 11:00 PM
    I mean, I thought I was a pathetically obsessed with this phone - they take the cake! I was thinking, since the NYC is a flagship store, wouldn't they be the best at being IN-STOCK? I'd be mad if I waited that long and found out I could've waited like a day or two later and had on in my hands. But I guess they HAVE TO BE THE FIRST ONES to have it. I hate to sound harsh, but do they not have jobs? How can they afford an iPhone? Unless it's actually the opposite and they're filthy rich or retired or something like that.
    07-04-2008 11:23 PM
    the camping out part is one of my most favorite part. a week is a little silly, but am i the only one that loves to camp out that night?
    OK, so my take on this is that 24 hours is too long for me, but I dont think it is obsurd. one week definitely falls into the "what the heck are you thinking" category. I plan on 6 to 8 hour advance wait, but I do live in a Chicago suburb where I would not expect the same sort of traffic as if I were in the CHicago Loop or NYC.
    07-04-2008 11:41 PM
    yeah i meant getting a tent and a 12 pack of beer and heading out at about 10. i mean they have should have ton of them... i just like camping out.
    07-05-2008 12:46 AM
    It's a bogus line...

The story was updated:UPDATE:
    “This is the first line forming for the 3G iPhone at the flagship Apple 5th Avenue Store in New York City. About 10 people in line with the first two being a man and woman with a young child. I talked to the security guards and New York police who will allow everyone to stay and indicated that as of yet there are no plans to put out barricades. It appears that most (if not all) of the people in line are part of some group who may be either attempting to set a record for waiting in line or gain some publicity for themselves. It’s too early to tell if this is a hoax or whether these folks will stay in line through sun and rain for the next seven days”.
    07-05-2008 01:03 AM
    Real or not, these people are idiots. Yes, the iPhone 3G will be amazing and worth the wait. But waiting outside for an entire week for it? Just plain stupidity. There's no reason for it. I can see some true fans who are a bit overzealous getting in line the day before, but not 7 days out.
    07-05-2008 01:11 AM
    I have no need to campout. I have like 4 att stores witnin 10 minutes of my house. LOL
    07-05-2008 01:19 AM
    I would be hysterical if no one else got in line until like 7 a.m. Friday morning. Lovely that they brought their kid along ....
    07-05-2008 09:46 AM
    yeah, bringing a kid along, does not seem very cool. or piratical
    07-05-2008 09:57 AM
    oh my, that's really extreme.
    07-05-2008 11:26 AM
    No, but I stopped doing it long before I could afford an iPhone. The fantasy was more fun than the experience anyway.
    07-05-2008 12:43 PM
    If people want to camp out for the iPhone? More power to them. It's a PHONE for crying out loud and I'll wait until I can just walk in the store and buy one or go find an AT&T store that isn't mobbed. Besides, I used to live in North Jersey (yeah, I know) and New Yorkers are nuts. How else do you explain Yankees fans?
    07-05-2008 12:46 PM
    They aren't really iPhone fans; more so, they're political activists. I found a website the group posted -- it's all about organics and locally grow foods -- making this a publicity stunt, not fanboyism.

Even though I strongly favor non-legislative pro-sustainability, they don't deserve to be first in line.
    07-05-2008 01:07 PM
    It's obvious they're not just iPhone fanboys. After the original iPhone debut, very few stores (almost all AT&T stores) ran out on the second or third day - no shortages day one. People sometimes just don't have better things to do with their lives.
    07-05-2008 01:11 PM
    Thats insane. Im sure most people will be able to walk in on July 11 and get one
    07-05-2008 03:48 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD