Madness is starting already!!

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
the camping out part is one of my most favorite part. a week is a little silly, but am i the only one that loves to camp out that night?
No, but I stopped doing it long before I could afford an iPhone. The fantasy was more fun than the experience anyway.

volsfan0911

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
If people want to camp out for the iPhone? More power to them. It's a PHONE for crying out loud and I'll wait until I can just walk in the store and buy one or go find an AT&T store that isn't mobbed. Besides, I used to live in North Jersey (yeah, I know) and New Yorkers are nuts. How else do you explain Yankees fans? :p

HymerSchmidt

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
They aren't really iPhone fans; more so, they're political activists. I found a website the group posted -- it's all about organics and locally grow foods -- making this a publicity stunt, not fanboyism.

Even though I strongly favor non-legislative pro-sustainability, they don't deserve to be first in line.

dstrauss#IM

Sep 20, 1999
Visit site
It's obvious they're not just iPhone fanboys. After the original iPhone debut, very few stores (almost all AT&T stores) ran out on the second or third day - no shortages day one. People sometimes just don't have better things to do with their lives.

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
That is nuts! I am going in at around 8 am I might drive by at 7 am or after just to see if there is a line forming or not. If so I will get in the line. I don't have to work that day so my day is totally open.

abalboa3

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
Im planning on showing up an hour before they open up. Don't think they should have a line. Might drive by the night before on the way home to see if anyone is already there.

michi_love

Jul 1, 2008
Visit site
This will be my first iPhone and needless to say, I'm ecstatic!!! I plan on waiting at around 5-6 in the morning and hope I'm close to first in line! I don't see a lot of people waiting for this phone to come out in my town. But then again, ya never know.

anon(1217668)

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
Even if I did manage to get out of my Verizon contract a month early, I'd just sleep in and probably hope to get there by the time the lines die down. Everyone's saying last year stores didn't sell out for a few days. If I do get out of my contract I'd probably go after the initial store opening, but before the "early lunch" a bunch of people will probably take, so around 10am or so.

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
You know what's so weird guys, I didn't start this thread and it's saying that I did.
I wonder if someone logged into my account?

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
Yes I was wondering about that, because I started the thread. But I think the Mod's merged your thread and mine.

That make sense, because our threads were about lines. I'm relieved, I thought someone logged into my account and started a thread.

Thanks for telling me Hermdog :)

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
In reference to that video posted in the article...

That guy looked like an idiot being interviewed and eating an apple. He was talking with his mouth full about some petition. I couldn't even understand him.

Dionte

Jul 6, 2008
Visit site
I might drive past the store near me a couple hours before they open just to see if I need to stay, if there is not a mob of people I'll prob come back home for a min since its just down the street, if I see ppl out i'll park and camp

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
I might drive past the store near me a couple hours before they open just to see if I need to stay, if there is not a mob of people I'll prob come back home for a min since its just down the street, if I see ppl out i'll park and camp

My plan 100%. This is what I will be doing.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
While I would not stand in line for an iPhone, I did once get in line at Best Buy for a Wii for my great nieces. I brought a folding chair for comfort and my iPhone for amusement and communication. After a little while, the manager came out and gave me a voucher for my place in line, so that I could go get breakfast without losing my place. While I probably would not do it for an iPhone for myself, it was kind of fun. My nieces were pleased. Last I heard, the Wii still had not been setup.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods