I have sweaty hands! They usually sweat all the time, probably in accordance with hyperhydrosis.

Will the sweat from my hands damage the screen or the backing of the iPhone?
    07-03-2008 04:32 PM
    I have sweaty hands! They usually sweat all the time, probably in accordance with hyperhydrosis.

Will the sweat from my hands damage the screen or the backing of the iPhone?
    Will not damage the original iPhone, metal back, glass screen. Doubt that it will damage the 3G but no one knows yet.
    07-03-2008 07:03 PM
    I don't believe sweat can be that abbrasive. Have you thought about carrying a handkerchief with you?
    07-03-2008 09:24 PM
    yea, i don't think it will "damage" it, but fingerprints are deffinatly a problem
    07-03-2008 09:38 PM
    I'd imagine with the smooth, curved plastic back, you might want to pick up some kind of skin to help you grip it. Other than that I doubt a little sweat will hurt anything, especially since it's like a faceplate and there shouldn't too many holes leading to the more sensitive components on the inside. Might get a little dirty, but should wipe off easy.
    07-03-2008 09:44 PM
    Thanks guys!

I do have a silicon case from my gen 1 iPhone. Will this fit?
    07-03-2008 11:02 PM
    A skin for the iPhone isn't a bad idea, but to me I think it would take away some of the convenience of the phone, having to pull a big grippy thing out of your pocket all the time.

Time for a man-bag?
    07-04-2008 03:56 AM
    I agree with the "skin" idea for the problems with your sweaty hands.. At least then you're almost guaranteed not to damage the phone, just the skin.
    07-04-2008 05:00 AM
    A skin for the iPhone isn't a bad idea, but to me I think it would take away some of the convenience of the phone, having to pull a big grippy thing out of your pocket all the time.
    You might also consider one of the many leather cases out there. They don't "stick" inside the pocket so badly, but they do protect the phone. Unfortunately, they'll add more bulk than a silicone glove, but they're less bulky than a man purse!
    07-04-2008 07:20 AM
    Thanks guys!

I do have a silicon case from my gen 1 iPhone. Will this fit?
    you can probably try, it will, most likely, somewhat fit. just not as nice as it should
    07-04-2008 09:48 AM
    Goodness gracious people... it's a MURSE not a man-purse.
    07-04-2008 12:34 PM
    Goodness gracious people... it's a MURSE not a man-purse.
    It's European!
    07-05-2008 02:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD