Sweaty hands and the iPhone?

Nakheel

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
I have sweaty hands! They usually sweat all the time, probably in accordance with hyperhydrosis.

Will the sweat from my hands damage the screen or the backing of the iPhone?

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I have sweaty hands! They usually sweat all the time, probably in accordance with hyperhydrosis.

Will the sweat from my hands damage the screen or the backing of the iPhone?
Will not damage the original iPhone, metal back, glass screen. Doubt that it will damage the 3G but no one knows yet.

anon(1217668)

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
I'd imagine with the smooth, curved plastic back, you might want to pick up some kind of skin to help you grip it. Other than that I doubt a little sweat will hurt anything, especially since it's like a faceplate and there shouldn't too many holes leading to the more sensitive components on the inside. Might get a little dirty, but should wipe off easy.

mtsfestivus

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
A skin for the iPhone isn't a bad idea, but to me I think it would take away some of the convenience of the phone, having to pull a big grippy thing out of your pocket all the time.

Time for a man-bag?

kacrmo

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
I agree with the "skin" idea for the problems with your sweaty hands.. At least then you're almost guaranteed not to damage the phone, just the skin.

Kupe#WP

Jul 28, 2000
Visit site
A skin for the iPhone isn't a bad idea, but to me I think it would take away some of the convenience of the phone, having to pull a big grippy thing out of your pocket all the time.
You might also consider one of the many leather cases out there. They don't "stick" inside the pocket so badly, but they do protect the phone. Unfortunately, they'll add more bulk than a silicone glove, but they're less bulky than a man purse! ;)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekintech1