2g iPhone prices in 2 months + questions

chkMINUS

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
I haven't been able to consider a 2g iPhone until recently. I'm curious what the iPhone knowledgeable think the 1st gen iPhone will cost after the 3g version comes out. Will they be in the $100 range?

Also in regards to unlocking. I'm in the US and have a couple questions. When unlocked can I use pay as you go sim cards on an unlocked iPhone? Will the next software update be unlockable? In the US what mobile providers can I use an unlocked iPhone on (so I can look at plans)? Thanks in advance.

Nakheel

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
I haven't been able to consider a 2g iPhone until recently. I'm curious what the iPhone knowledgeable think the 1st gen iPhone will cost after the 3g version comes out. Will they be in the $100 range?

Also in regards to unlocking. I'm in the US and have a couple questions. When unlocked can I use pay as you go sim cards on an unlocked iPhone? Will the next software update be unlockable? In the US what mobile providers can I use an unlocked iPhone on (so I can look at plans)? Thanks in advance.

I was wondering about this too. While I'm getting the 3G, I was curious so I looked on eBay. It seems like theyre still in the high 300's, 400's, 500's and 600's.

They'll probably be something like $170 to compete with the $199 from retailers (for the 8GB). Although it seems kind of a shame doesn't it? That a perfectly good iPhone will eventually only be worth under $200? Oh well, better for you!

I'm not sure about pay as you go but T-Mobile, AT&T, SunCom, operate on the GSM network and will work with the iPhone

dstrauss#IM

Sep 20, 1999
Visit site
I think they will hold their value much better. If you're not eligible for upgrade pricing, it's going to set you back $400 for 8gb. Although I am really looking forward to 3g, many areas still do not have it, and the additional $10 per month raises the out the door price by $240.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro