OK, I know you need to get a new SIM card with the Iphone 3G. But does anyone know if it will be possible to remove the SIM from your iphone and put it in another AT&T locked cell phone (say if you were to be going somewhere where you didn't want to have to worry about your iphone)?
    07-03-2008 10:42 AM
    Yes, that should work. What will not work is if you take another at&t sim from another phone, say a tilt, and put it in the iPhone. That will not work.
    07-03-2008 10:43 AM
    Thanks Bad Ash!
    07-03-2008 11:37 AM
    Yeah, according to the AT&T rep that I spoke to you can take the sim card out of your iPhone and put it into another. He actually recommended I use my older phone to go to the beach instead of taking along my iPhone.
    07-03-2008 11:41 AM
    I tried it already, because I was thinking about selling my iPhone (and I ended up not selling it). When I used my SIM with the other AT&T phone, I was able to make and receive calls, but I could not access the internet. I can't guarantee it is a problem in every case. Perhaps the internet code is different.
    07-03-2008 12:22 PM
    Also depends on whether or not you have a activated via the jailbreak/unlock method.
    07-03-2008 12:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD