I travel outside of the USA a lot and want to be able to use the WiFi on my iPhone without having the roaming charges. Is there anyway to disable the phone and still use WiFi?
    07-02-2008 02:22 PM
    In the iPhone Software 2.0 update, you can now turn Airplane mode on and you'll still be able to use Wi-Fi.
    07-02-2008 02:31 PM
    This will be great, especially if the app talked about in the other threads iCall is as good as many are hoping. That or a Skype app. Either way, for those that travel international, being to use a VoIP service would be wonderful.
    07-02-2008 03:58 PM
    On Apple's feedback page, I requested a quick "Do Not Disturb" switch on the original iPhone. This would allow me to surf in peace and listen to the iPod portion without getting hit with SMS pop-ups and interruptions with incoming calls - it would just show the red numerical badge in Visual Voicemail, Recent Calls, and SMS. I suppose this is the closest I can get to that feature now.
    07-03-2008 09:00 AM
    With the advent of flights allowing their users to turn on their Wi-fi devices, it has been said that the iPhone will include a setting within Airplane mode for us to turn on Wi-fi. The news could not make me happier. While traveling abroad, it becomes very useful.
    07-03-2008 12:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD