I'm pretty sure you can still update your iPhone. You might need to be signed in with your iTunes account linked to your iPhone, but it should work. Just don't set anything to sync. It also always warns you before syncing over your existing device so you could plug it in, hit cancel and then run the update.

Anyone can confirm this?
    You are correct.
    02-18-2009 05:57 PM
    ah, I had assumed wiping the device for an OS upgrade would wipe everything. In hindsight I guess that's why previous upgrades haven't taken hours resyncing. Thanks!
    02-18-2009 07:33 PM
    you can sync the phone to up to 5 computers using your itunes account - it's all managed through your iphone/itunes settings after syncing, although you are limited to only one music library which is annoying when your main pc is not the pc where all the music's kept.

You should be able to upload the music from one account then download to another but alas no - Sony Ericsson phones do it without issues so i'm not sure why iphones can't but they can't - i've had it confirmed by apple.
    02-26-2009 11:09 AM
    You can transfer itune purchases to any pc that you authorise, but as other others have said can only be synced to one pc. Dunno why when you buy a cd the store doesn't tell where when how and what device you can use for said media
    02-28-2009 03:49 PM
    Maybe you should get an iphone to pc transfer program to help.
    03-01-2009 06:58 AM
    I just recently used andrewgrant.org with iTunes 8, it worked flawlessly. In my opinion it wasn't hard at all. I was able to drag and drop songs off of both computers. None of my songs were grayed out either. It did exactly what I wanted. (Be able to have different songs on different computers, but alll on device.)

Hopefully this reply helped a bit.
    03-12-2009 09:22 PM
    I just got my iPhone 3GS 2 days ago and it is a great phone. Previously was using a hp ipaq rw2868.

Just to check with members here, have this issue been resolved? It seems you still cannot sync between 2 different computers (I am using PC, one with XP SP3 and the other Win7) using iTunes 9.1. I will have a look at andrewgrant tutorial later. If it is not resolved, hope it is included in the up-coming OS 4.
    04-24-2010 11:57 PM
    It isn't anything that Apple was ever considering, so as far as they're concerned there is nothing to resolve. You sync to iTunes...that is all.
    04-25-2010 10:23 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD