Votes: 10 25.0%
  • Black!

Votes: 30 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

patcom8

Jun 5, 2008
Visit site
So i've been ripping my brain apart with this choice, but what do you guys think. WHITE or BLACK???

im thinken about goin with the white, just because theirs goign to be less of them but idk.

marys

Jul 2, 2008
Visit site
if you want my opinion... for me, when I say iPhone, I think of black. also, black hides better the scratches.
but if you're looking for singularity, go with the white :)

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I would go with the black. It's sleeker. Also white gadgets get really dirty after awhile.

This is very true... I was leaning towards the white just because less finger prints will show up on white. But it is true about after a period of time it may get dirty... decisions decisions... :confused:

patcom8

Jun 5, 2008
Visit site
im not worried about the dirt. i dont think that a white glossy plastic is goign to turn brown, but i am worreid about the black showing scratches like its nobodies business.

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
I'm going white. It'll go good with my Macbook/Xbox 360 combination I have going on. And I like how it has the "Limited Edition" feel because it's only available in 16GB.

taylorh

May 24, 2004
www.gadgetech.info
If you put that inside another case do you think it would affect the nugg fit?
I don't really know From the description, it's very thin, like a screen protector film. I don't think it affect it's fit in to a case much. I suppose if you have a very snug case to begin it could be a tight fit.

taylorh

May 24, 2004
www.gadgetech.info
I'm going white. It'll go good with my Macbook/Xbox 360 combination I have going on. And I like how it has the "Limited Edition" feel because it's only available in 16GB.
My smartass comment aside, a lot of people say they'll go with white for this very reason.
I just about choked when I read this post here:
Apple - Support - Discussions - Black or white ...
This person obviously is very image conscious and wants everyone to know that he/she has a 16GB model:
"1. It looks more Apple-ish.
2. You can tell by the color it's a 16 GB, and less people will have it.
3. I believe smudges and fingerprints (and possibly scratches) will be much less noticeable."

If I got white, it would be for the simple fact that it's less common.

My wife thinks she should get white and I should get black so it'll be easy for us to tell them apart. I agree. There were times when almost left the house with each other's Treo 650s.

I prefer to be understated. I'd rather people think I have a crappy old iPhone than want to steal my shiny white 16GB. Then again I don't like to have the same thing a billion other people do.
What are you gunna do?

Last edited:

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
My smartass comment aside, a lot of people say they'll go with white for this very reason.
I just about choked when I read this post here:
Apple - Support - Discussions - Black or white ...
This person obviously is very image conscious and wants everyone to know that he/she has a 16GB model:
"1. It looks more Apple-ish.
2. You can tell by the color it's a 16 GB, and less people will have it.
3. I believe smudges and fingerprints (and possibly scratches) will be much less noticeable."

But if I got white, it would be for the simple fact that it's less common.

My wife thinks she should get white and I should get black so it'll be easy for us to tell them apart. I agree. There were times when almost left the house with each other's Treo 650s.

Perhaps the white would act as chick magnet. :eek:

dhp1080

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
I think white iPhones will definitely have a more feminine appeal to them than the black iPhones. Plus the comments on getting dirty are most likely true. Finger prints will be more obviously on black ones, but in the end a quick wipe on your shirt can fix that.

BeyondtheTech

Jul 2, 2008
Visit site
I don't know why so many people relate the white model to be more feminine. iPods in the past have always been white. I want to get the white model just so it won't look like it's been mangled by all the fingerprints that the black model would easily show.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I don't know why so many people relate the white model to be more feminine. iPods in the past have always been white. I want to get the white model just so it won't look like it's been mangled by all the fingerprints that the black model would easily show.

I agree, I think the white is different. Every other phone out there is black.... boring. As for it being feminine? Someone blogs it that way and everyone freaks out about it and goes along with it.

taylorh

May 24, 2004
www.gadgetech.info
I know me. I'll put it in a case because I know I'll drop it at least 1 time.

As one person said on the Apple forums. The white might look good in a translucent case because the white will reflect the light back through whereas a black will look different.

Just something to consider if you're getting a see-through case or a translucent silicone skin or something.

HymerSchmidt

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
I'll be going black because the face is black and I don't want a two-tone phone. The white makes it look like it's quasi-retro.

Black power!