View Poll Results: White or Black/=?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • White!

10 25.00%
  • Black!

30 75.00%
    Bodyguardz are so expensive (but I am going to buy one of course) just hoping I can find someone to split the cost with as it comes with two.
    How much are the Bodyguardz? iSkin makes some pretty good cases for the iPhone.
    07-03-2008 03:06 AM
    How much are the Bodyguardz? iSkin makes some pretty good cases for the iPhone.
    $25.00 for thinner than paper plastic... but it is what they use on cars and helicopters so...
    07-03-2008 03:16 AM
    Yes, they are expensive but two deciding factors for me. One - iLounge ranked them the highest in a test saying that they were the best looking for clarity and least amount of orange peel effect and applied the easiest with good coverage in corners, etc. Two - they send you two (2) sets of skins. So if you screw up on one or ever need to take it off and replace, you've already got another set. Personally, I learned a long time ago you get what you pay for in most cases and I will buy the best up front once and be happy rather than pay two or three times for inferior products and not be satisfied with their performance.
    07-03-2008 08:13 AM
    well, i just ordered a bodygaurd for my 3g, i must agree that its thoughtfull that they send you two, but invisible shield has a lifetime garentee, of at least they DID, im not sure now.
    07-03-2008 09:39 AM
    Added a poll!
    07-03-2008 10:53 AM
    I'm going in for a white. If for some reason they don't have any I'll get a black. Either one would be great, but I love the white color, very Apple. I think it will also hide the fingerprints better than the black. On the plus side it will also go very well with my white macbook, until I cave in and buy a macbook pro.
    07-03-2008 11:39 AM
    Silver, yes, white, no. To me, white would be way too easy to mark up.

Also, I don't mean to be misogynistic, but white is for chicks...
    07-03-2008 11:44 AM
    I would go black if the iPhone is for me. But since the new iPhone will be for the wife, I think she will go white. Eitherway, the iPhone will still be one of the most attractive smartphones out there.
    Last edited by GaryUSC; 07-03-2008 at 12:48 PM.
    07-03-2008 11:45 AM
    I'm going after the 2g iphone. So black it is!
    07-03-2008 12:02 PM
    After all of the heartache with the "darkening" white plastic on my daughter's MacBook, it is black all the way. No doubt it will be a fingerprint magnet, but in no way will I deal with the discoloration problem. Besides, I have to put up with the "Crackberries are for real men, iPhone's aren't" enough around our office without the white stigma.
    07-03-2008 12:05 PM
    You know what? I was really considering white, because it kind of says "yes, I paid the extra money to get a different colour than you" lol.

But when I think about it, white just looks too similar to the other one. Black is HOT! No one will mistake a black 3G with a first gen!
    07-03-2008 12:50 PM
    After all of the heartache with the "darkening" white plastic on my daughter's MacBook, it is black all the way. No doubt it will be a fingerprint magnet, but in no way will I deal with the discoloration problem. Besides, I have to put up with the "Crackberries are for real men, iPhone's aren't" enough around our office without the white stigma.
    You are really making me think here. How well does your daughter take care of the macbook though?
    07-03-2008 02:54 PM
    You are really making me think here. How well does your daughter take care of the macbook though?
    The white Macbook's inside can darken due to the wrist-rests (try saying that 10 times fast) being a matte finish. But the outside will stay clean because it's glossy just like the iPhone. So I'm betting it will stay pretty clean due to the sheen.
    07-03-2008 02:57 PM
    The white Macbook's inside can darken due to the wrist-rests (try saying that 10 times fast) being a matte finish. But the outside will stay clean because it's glossy just like the iPhone. So I'm betting it will stay pretty clean due to the sheen.
    Good call...
    07-03-2008 03:05 PM
    To be honest, the white iPhone looks kinda girly, which is ok... if you're a girl. I'll take the black.
    07-03-2008 03:50 PM
    I think that the black one would probably show scratches more, no? I guess it depends though on what's underneith the black (i.e. more black? Or a lighter coloured material that would show if the surface was broken?)

But black is just coooooooooler!
    07-03-2008 03:52 PM
    I don't think that the white says "girly", but I don't like the way it looks. I would pick black. I also think that more whites would be stolen because it would be obvious which phone it was. Also, covers/skins would hide the color anyway.
    07-03-2008 03:54 PM
    It's easier to decide than you may think...
    If you want to look cooler, the white iPhone gives you status because it is only available for the 16Gb. Anyone will be able to have black iPhone, but only those who pay a little more will have the chance to have a white one, why not advertise it?

Now... if you plan to use a cover for your iPhone, it does not matter.

Personally, I prefer the black one, because it looks more coherent with the black front.
    07-03-2008 04:20 PM
    I've decided I'm getting the black one. If you go to the Apple website, look at the new video they have (with the same guy who did the iPhone 2G's walkthrough). He's got the black one. It looks very sleek and shiney in his hands. Check it out: Apple
    07-03-2008 04:48 PM
    Ok I have a black Ipod nano and the scratches are very noticeable. Are they that noticeable on the white too?
    07-03-2008 04:58 PM
    It's easier to decide than you may think...
    If you want to look cooler, the white iPhone gives you status because it is only available for the 16Gb. Anyone will be able to have black iPhone, but only those who pay a little more will have the chance to have a white one, why not advertise it?

Now... if you plan to use a cover for your iPhone, it does not matter.

Personally, I prefer the black one, because it looks more coherent with the black front.
    I think Apple should have made the front white as well.
    07-03-2008 05:03 PM
    I think Apple should have made the front white as well.
    THAT would have been hot!

However if you really want this done you can have it professionally painted at ColorWare
    07-03-2008 05:10 PM
    THAT would have been hot!

However if you really want this done you can have it professionally painted at ColorWare
    Sadly ColorWare doesn't do front coloring.
    07-03-2008 05:18 PM
    I don't think that the white says "girly", but I don't like the way it looks. I would pick black. I also think that more whites would be stolen because it would be obvious which phone it was. Also, covers/skins would hide the color anyway.
    I've seen this opinion before and I don't see how that's relevant at all (with regards to the likelihood of being stolen). If there's a low-life who is willing to take the chance of stealing someone's iPhone, I HIGHLY doubt they'll decide against it based merely on the fact that it might have 8 gigs as opposed to 16. That would be like someone breaking into a house and deciding not to steal a tv because it doesn't support 1080p. Stolen merchandise will turn 100 percent profit so it's a win/win if you're a lowly criminal.
    07-03-2008 06:07 PM
    since when is white "girly"?
    all the ipods were white..
    that statment pisses me off.
    07-03-2008 07:50 PM
80 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD