Email/stereo connection questions

sailorgirl

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Kindly forgive my ridiculous lack of knowledge on these subjects, but I'm hoping someone can help me out with a few questions regarding the iphone 3G.

1. So I don't work for a company with an exchange server and I don't necessarily want to spend the money for MobileME (although I may do the 60 day free trial), what are my options for accessing e-mail? Webmail, obviously, although that's hardly a good option for frequent use. Set up a yahoo or gmail account and have my home and work e-mail forwarded there? What else?

2. I frequently use my ipod in my car and on a boat stereo, both hooked up by an FM radio transmitter thingie (i.e. Itrip). Both stereos are older so they don't have an auxiliary plug or bluetooth. Can I still go the FM transmitter route with the iphone? Is there a better option I should consider?

Thanks for bearing with me folks.

Kupe#WP

Jul 28, 2000
Visit site
1. Search Google for "Free Exchange Hosting" to see what your options are.

2. Yes. So long as your device isn't too much of a custom fit (i.e. very snug on a 1st generation iPhone), the connection will work fine.

afazel

Jun 13, 2008
Visit site
If your work has its own email server, you can figure out the POP settings for it and put that in your iPhone under the Mail settings, then go to Add Account, then Other, then just fill in the blanks. That also works for IMAP settings.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
If you are looking for a free push email service, the only one available to you at the moment is Yahoo. Gmail may be push down the road but please don't quote me on that.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro