Do you think the 3G will sell out?

marys

Jul 2, 2008
Visit site
I hope especially that it doesn't sell out in Canada, considering it's never legally been available here!

R u saying that they didn't released officially the 1st gen iPhone in Canada? I can't believe it. I didn't know this fact.
But I wonder why not selling it in Canada too. That's a big market with a lot of potential. And in so many cases what USA gets, Canada gets too.

mudcat430

Jul 6, 2008
Visit site
I remember people were concerned about it when the first iPhone launched but they had plenty in stock at my local Apple Store after the launch. Still, there's a lot more hype with this release since it's so much "cheaper" in the short term. I'm sure it varies depending on how big the city you live in is, but in Oklahoma City I doubt it will be tough to find one on July 12th.

Jul 2, 2008
Visit site
I'm sure they'll do well and many people will want and get an iphone but not like last year.
In my opinion unless they can really make everything low and not screw with the phone plan's on AT & T ($ 70 + A Texting Plan = Greed) most people can't afford a iphone like last year with the economy. Yet.. if the same people could afford a $500 iphone a year ago... then who knows...

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
I completly agree with you. The new iPhone will be a hit, but won't reach the sales level of the 1st gen iPhone in the 1st day

I think you are wrong. Remember, the US was the only country selling iPhones the first day last year. This time, its a more global event.

hey_WILL

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
true, true. but a lot of more people will be buying it, remember the price point 199!? i will be checking the internet, and calling the stores prior to going, to figure out which th the 3 lined up stores i should hit, and how popular they are.

bigbrass93

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
i just spoke to an apple rep at the king of prussia store and he said they will be getting a shipment before friday large enough to carry them through the entire weekend. so it sounds like you can get it all weekend without waiting in a crazy line on friday.

dstrauss#IM

Sep 20, 1999
Visit site
true, true. but a lot of more people will be buying it, remember the price point 199!? i will be checking the internet, and calling the stores prior to going, to figure out which th the 3 lined up stores i should hit, and how popular they are.

Good luck calling your local stores (if they are AT&T). You can't get a live person in an AT&T store if your life depends upon it. Perhaps Apple stores are more responsive, but our local AT&T store immediately shunts you off to 800 auto-answer land...

supermum

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
Good luck calling your local stores (if they are AT&T). You can't get a live person in an AT&T store if your life depends upon it. Perhaps Apple stores are more responsive, but our local AT&T store immediately shunts you off to 800 auto-answer land...

That's strange. Neither of mine do. I talk to my AT&T guy weekly. He loves me. :D

Jul 2, 2008
Visit site
true, true. but a lot of more people will be buying it, remember the price point 199!?

True and I also forgot that this isn't limited to the U.S right now, BUT I think the U.S sell's of it wont be as great as fast as it was last year.

Apple hasn't had many commercials in the U.S saying how low the price is now and made it look like something for the everyday cell phone user. When they do that... then they'll have outstanding success and a whole new wide variety of customers.

GaryUSC

Apr 27, 2005
Visit site
I have also called several of my local AT&T stores to find out about upgrade eligibility and have either not able to find someone to answer my questions or even a live person to talk to on the phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR