Do you think the 3G will sell out?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I waited from 10 pm til 9 am in sub-freezing temperatures in front of CompUSA to get an xbox 360. It was literally the only place where the amount of people in line didn't outnumber the amount of systems they had in stock for the launch. I was number 7 out of 9 they were getting (premium systems that is). So a little wait for the iPhone won't deter me in the least but I'd LOVE to just go in and activate mine before going into work and being even less productive than I am now while playing with my new gadget.

Not to diverge from the topic too much, but does anyone know if At&t stores carry any quality accessories (cases/screen protectors) for the iPhone and presumably iPhone 3G? I'm on the fence about the options online but if I can get one that day to coincide with me finally getting the device and have it on before I leave the store that would be ideal.

I pre-ordered my 360 a few months ahead of time... walked in, walked out. ;)

I get all my accessories online or from the Apple store.

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
I have 3 close at&t stores, closest being 5 minutes away. And 2 Apple stores both 15 minutes away each. I should be safe. :D

It just sucks I have to bring my mom along and wait until she's out of work. I didn't pass the credit check and I'm not giving anyone a deposit of $500, which is more than the actual device.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
It just sucks I have to bring my mom along and wait until she's out of work. I didn't pass the credit check and I'm not giving anyone a deposit of $500, which is more than the actual device.

Yeah I do feel your pain... that's the exact same reason why I am putting my girlfriend on my plan to avoid all that crap for her.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I should get a credit card to buy small $20 here and there things to get some credit established.

That's what my girl is doing. She is 22 and up until now she has used cash for everything! So I got her a credit card and now I just have to watch her... she can go a little crazy shopping... :eek:

BaLLi5t1c

Jul 1, 2008
Visit site
I pre-ordered my 360 a few months ahead of time... walked in, walked out. ;)

I get all my accessories online or from the Apple store.

LoL, rub it in a bit more? :p

I can honestly say I had a blast that night. We actually hijacked the outlet that they were using for Christmas decorations to power a 13 inch tv, a regular xbox and a portable heater so it could have been much worse. My two roommates at the time went and stayed in line with me the entire night WITHOUT even buying a system. So, it was a memorable experience.

Anyways,

I saw your post in another thread about cases that I had posted in but do you think there would be any quality cases in the At&t store? I'm looking for a sturdy case with belt clip that would allow full use of my device while still in the case (providing shock protection) and of course a decent screen protector. Any tips?

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
That's what my girl is doing. She is 22 and up until now she has used cash for everything! So I got her a credit card and now I just have to watch her... she can go a little crazy shopping... :eek:

Haha, yeah that's what I'd be afraid of doing which is why I only have a debit card. I spend what I have.

The Apple store would start looking a lot more pretty.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
LoL, rub it in a bit more? :p

I can honestly say I had a blast that night. We actually hijacked the outlet that they were using for Christmas decorations to power a 13 inch tv, a regular xbox and a portable heater so it could have been much worse. My two roommates at the time went and stayed in line with me the entire night WITHOUT even buying a system. So, it was a memorable experience.

Anyways,

I saw your post in another thread about cases that I had posted in but do you think there would be any quality cases in the At&t store? I'm looking for a sturdy case with belt clip that would allow full use of my device while still in the case (providing shock protection) and of course a decent screen protector. Any tips?

Honestly I love my Sena Elga case... Keeps it very protected while it's in the case. I know you want something to cover the phone at all times but just have to trust yourself with it. ;) Why cover up the phone with some case, the phone looks so cool I think cases that are on all the time take away from the phone. For screen protectors I posted a link to a few good ones. Let me look for the link.

sterling

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
Meh, the haughty part of me wants to glance condescendingly at those who are willing to wait hours outside a store to get their grubby little hands on a little plastic box of circuits and silicone.

And the other part of me wants to scramble on my hands and knees to my att store and and camp out to get my grubby little hands on said plastic box of circuits and silicone.

pink2

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
I think that Apple is well aware of how popular this is and will be sure to send plenty of stock to each location. They wouldn't want to lose customers over lack of supply, especially since AT&T has the activation rule and if you want to use the phone right away you will activate it the same day.

jaimex99

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
I doubt it

I believe that Apple and AT&T are counting on the enormous demand that the device will have and prepared accordingly. In the end, selling lots of phones works in their advantage. I will go to the store in the afternoon (between 2 and 4pm). If they are sold out or there are too many people in line, I can wait.

dstrauss#IM

Sep 20, 1999
Visit site
Given the technical savvy and prowess of our local AT&T store, my bet is they won't sell out on July 11, because they won't have the first customer activated before 10:30 am. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR