I hope this turns out to be true.

Internal AT&T Memo Indicates Groundbreaking iPhone 3G Feature: MMS : Boy Genius Report

"Check this out. New reports are coming in that a very interesting memo is currently circulating internally at AT&T. Said memo reportedly lists a variety of features that will supposedly be included on the upcoming iPhone 3G. Among them is an exciting new service that - get this - allows you to send SMS-like messages that include multimedia attachments. Imagine! The service, cleverly named Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) supposedly allows users to attach one or more image, audio file or even video and deliver the message along with text. The recipient of the message will then see and / or hear the multimedia on his or her mobile. Nutty. None of this is confirmed as of yet, but how sweet would it be if a mobile phone had functionality like this?! Oh Apple, youve done it again! Next thing you know well find out that Apple has figured out a way to copy text from one place and paste it to another. Ok, thats just crazy talk.?
    06-26-2008 12:54 PM
    AHHH!! *runs around the office screaming* THIS IS AMAZING... finally... now lets just see that landscape keyboard!
    06-26-2008 01:04 PM
    I'm actually excited about this... don't know why since I've been using email to send pictures for the longest time with windows mobile devices on Sprint... this would be slick if it is true...
    06-26-2008 01:06 PM
    How true is this?! This would be awesome man fricking finally
    06-26-2008 05:09 PM
    Apple would have announced it at WWDC if it officially supported MMS. I think we'll see a few third party developers try to enable MMS support.
    06-26-2008 07:15 PM
    Apple would have announced it at WWDC if it officially supported MMS. I think we'll see a few third party developers try to enable MMS support.
    Don't be too sure about that... I'm sure they have some stuff up their sleeves to be tossed in sooner than later. Also could have been something with at&t...
    06-26-2008 07:22 PM
    Don't be too sure about that... I'm sure they have some stuff up their sleeves to be tossed in sooner than later. Also could have been something with at&t...
    That's true. But if they were to come out with MMS it would probably come out in a software update later on by Apple. Assuming that AT&T accounts MMS messages the same as SMS. I'm not sure because I've never had AT&T.
    06-26-2008 07:24 PM
    i doubt they will bill MMS and SMS the same...

was listening to a Mac Break Weekly podcast where they did the math. i tried to reproduce such math and found that SMS is billed to equivilent of $320 / MB since its $0.05 / 160 bytes.

hows that for a data cost?
    06-26-2008 08:16 PM
    Never was a big fan of MMS, I guess its a technological standard so the iPhone shoooulld have it..
    06-26-2008 08:51 PM
    That's true. But if they were to come out with MMS it would probably come out in a software update later on by Apple. Assuming that AT&T accounts MMS messages the same as SMS. I'm not sure because I've never had AT&T.
    They are included when you select unlimited messaging... that includes all sms and mms. Keep in mind this is assuming your phone does mms, which the iphone never did. But it clearly states that it includes both.
    06-26-2008 10:01 PM
    They are included when you select unlimited messaging... that includes all sms and mms. Keep in mind this is assuming your phone does mms, which the iphone never did. But it clearly states that it includes both.
    MMS support is purely software though. Something Apple could easily fix if they wanted.
    06-26-2008 10:09 PM
    What about the recipient of an MMS, is there another charge to him/her?
    And how do you know if someone is capable of receiving an MMS?
    Do you stll have to pay for data that's bounced back possibly?
    06-27-2008 10:51 AM
    What about the recipient of an MMS, is there another charge to him/her?
    And how do you know if someone is capable of receiving an MMS?
    Do you stll have to pay for data that's bounced back possibly?
    I'm assuming it works just like any other phone with mms. That is just my guess. I mean at&t have basically made the iPhone just like any other pda it has now with the deletion of the special iPhone plan.
    06-27-2008 11:58 AM
    What % do you guys think that mms will be on iPhone 3g?...
    06-27-2008 05:18 PM
    What % do you guys think that mms will be on iPhone 3g?...
    I'd say give it a few more days and we will probably know for sure.
    06-27-2008 05:52 PM
    How much stock do you buy into this?... iPhone to get MMS? | Tech news blog - CNET News.com

I'm going mms crazy!!!
    06-28-2008 01:21 PM
    I like Apple and everything, but the mentality of a company telling us what we want/need is ridiculous. Not everyone cares about MMS, but for a "leading" phone, it should have the features of "lesser" phones.
    06-28-2008 06:01 PM
    How much stock do you buy into this?... iPhone to get MMS? | Tech news blog - CNET News.com

I'm going mms crazy!!!
    That's probably going off the info that I first posted here from the BGR. Like I said, we should know more next week if it indeed will be included or not.
    06-28-2008 06:31 PM
    At first I was horrified by the idea of the iPhone not having MMS... however, the idea has grown on me more and more. I have a few friends who will take a pic of anything under the sun and send it to me at a whim. MMS is another expense and since I will be paying $30 for media already, I like that I can just use Safari to hop online and view it there rather than pay another monthly charge.
    Don't get me wrong, I was bowled over when I learned the iPhone didn't have MMS... but now after the shock has worn off my wallet is starting to be more okay with it.
    06-28-2008 06:47 PM
    At first I was horrified by the idea of the iPhone not having MMS... however, the idea has grown on me more and more. I have a few friends who will take a pic of anything under the sun and send it to me at a whim. MMS is another expense and since I will be paying $30 for media already, I like that I can just use Safari to hop online and view it there rather than pay another monthly charge.
    Don't get me wrong, I was bowled over when I learned the iPhone didn't have MMS... but now after the shock has worn off my wallet is starting to be more okay with it.
    As long as you are paying for SMS messaging you will have MMS. If all of this turns out to be true. I use SMS a lot and need the unlimited mesaging. That includes all SMS and MMS, etc... What is nice for people who don't pay for that is you can simply continue to use email to send pics. Not a bad deal.
    06-28-2008 07:03 PM
    As long as you are paying for SMS messaging you will have MMS. If all of this turns out to be true. I use SMS a lot and need the unlimited mesaging. That includes all SMS and MMS, etc... What is nice for people who don't pay for that is you can simply continue to use email to send pics. Not a bad deal.
    Ooohhhh... you are right. Just checked AT&T and you pay for messaging (does not matter if it is SMS or MMS). I am currently on an old Verizon plan and SMS charges differently than MMS. You could have an SMS plan with no MMS or an MMS plan with no SMS. (Of course you could have both plans too!) I just have the SMS one so I pay .25 extra to send and receive MMS.

Okay. I'm back to not being okay with the lack of MMS
    06-28-2008 07:15 PM
    MMS would be awesome and I do think this is coming, whether from Apple/ATT or from a third-party developer. It is coming.
    06-28-2008 10:08 PM
    That would be a great feature to have on the new iPhone! I hope it's true. There has been so many times when I wanted to show someone a picture a took but couldn't because theres no MMS. I'm really surprised Apple hasn't put those features on the iPhone. Add some video to the iPhone and I'm sold for life!
    06-29-2008 02:10 AM
    That would be a great feature to have on the new iPhone! I hope it's true. There has been so many times when I wanted to show someone a picture a took but couldn't because theres no MMS. I'm really surprised Apple hasn't put those features on the iPhone. Add some video to the iPhone and I'm sold for life!
    For future reference you can always email a photo to anyone's phone as well.

All it takes is a little help from your friends by getting their service provider. Then simply add a second email address in their contact info using the below:

Alltel = xxxxxxxxxx@message.alltel.com
    AT&T = xxxxxxxxxx@mms.att.net
    Boost Mobile = xxxxxxxxxx@myboostmobile.com
    Cingular (AT&T) = xxxxxxxxxx@mms.mycingular.com
    Einstein PCS = xxxxxxxxxx@einsteinmms.com
    Sprint = xxxxxxxxxx@messaging.sprintpcs.com
    T-Mobile = xxxxxxxxxx@tmomail.net
    US Cellular = xxxxxxxxxx@mms.uscc.net
    Verizon Wireless = xxxxxxxxxx@vzwpix.com
    Virgin Mobile = xxxxxxxxxx@vmobl.com

If they want to send you a pic just simply make sure they send them to your email you have set up on your phone. Simple.
    06-29-2008 09:29 AM
    MMS would be a great addition. Either that or fix the absolutely horrid manner of delivering MMS to someone without the capability. That AT&T site with the one time username/password is absolutely pathetic and pretty much unusable.
    06-29-2008 11:22 AM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD