Official MMS Thread - Or lack there of...

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
As cool as MMS would be, why would an "internal memo" from AT&T have a SS w/ a t-mobile operator logo in the top left corner?

Or is that just boygenius.com's photoshopped image?

All that is in the article is a picture of swirly mms put there by BGR... it's a mms app you can get via the installer if you jailbreak/unlock. Like I've mentioned before at this point it's highly unlikely we will see mms come July 11th.

Last edited:

sterling

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
All that is in the article is a picture of swirly mms put there by BGR... it's a mms app you can get via the installer if you jailbreak/unlock. Like I've mentioned before at this point it's highly unlikely we will see mms come July 11th.

Ah, thanks for the clarification :D

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
so will the standard texting rates apply?

For phones with MMS on At&t yes it is like a text message. But the real question is is the iPhone going to have mms. But like I and others have said in this very thread, chances of that happening at this point look really slim.

Impulse622

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
Multimedia Messaging

Do you think that developers can easily develop an application that can allow you to send multimedia to other people. I think so. I also think that when the new iPhone comes out, there will be an app in the AppStore for something like this. I think it would also be really easy to do this. Apple says developers can integrate some Apps and Programs to work with each other, so why can`t messaging and camera work together. I think if not by Friday, then in a month or so, we will see an application for this. I don`t know why Apple didn`t do this themselves. Perhaps they`ll allow it to be an add-on for free on the AppStore for us.

What do you think?

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
That would be great. But, how will they "make" sure you use the internets. :p

Some people just txt and mms, which would negate the use of email, me.com, etc.......

I think the AppStore and Installer.app will end up being at each others throats.

Case and point is Slingplayer. Will Apple let Sling in the store and steal sales away or will Sling have to go to Installer.app? Same scenario with TomTom vs TeleNav...etc.

Unless install.app finds a way to let the AppStore apps and its own apps live on the phone in harmony. We are in for a fun ride.

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Lack of MMS (I know its been beat to death)

However I am getting more annoyed why a simple thing is not on the phone. I get pics all the time. I know I can send them email but its not hitting their phone via those MMS numbers that you send from email to their phone. Its not working at least when sending to verizon. So all I can do is forward it to email addresses which is pissing me off! Come on!!! Someone create an MMS app before I go nuts!!! Ok end of rant. Really I just don't get it. Even emailing a pic to cellnumber@vtext.com for verizon does not work. I keep getting more depressed every day when I check the apps store and see nothing. Wonder if apple is not letting those in. :rolleyes:

MRidgeway

Jul 1, 2008
Visit site
3guser,

I know how you feel. I was pretty bummed about the MMS thing too. The hardest part was getting the people that send me pics to understand the whole email thing. I think I got them all trained now! Anyway, the email address you are using for verizon is wrong. The last part should be vzwpix.com Hopefully that helps you out.

supermum

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
I wouldn't mind not having MMS if cut and paste was a feature. I mean, who can ever remember the ID and Password that AT&T gives you in an SMS? The O/0, l/I, it is all so confusing and not user friendly. I typically check them when I get to a computer at home... but by then I have missed the joke. Yes, I know people can email me the photos... but I have two types of friends.. those who get it (young) and those who I am just amazed are able to dial a phone let alone send an MMS. There is no way they will understand the work around and would think I was crazy to suggest it. Fingers crossed for cut and paste (or MMS).

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
I don't see why both can't be on here. For me personally I find MMS better usage but I did come across only once so far where cut and paste would be good.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I've been attempting to use MMS on the AT&T network with a Treo Pro, let me just say you should all be THANKFUL the iPhone does not have it! I've never had so many issues with a feature before. After 5 calls to AT&T over the past few days it still does not work properly. Either I don't get messages or people I sent them to error out eventually and come back to me expired, etc... Email is the better way to go people. Not to mention way more reliable.

*Here, all these MMS problems will make you love not having to deal with AT&T's MMS issues... seriously is it that hard to figure out AT&T?

Message Search - Wireless Forums from AT&T

Last edited: