No floppy on the iMac?! No Optical on the Air?!

It's almost like Apple had a historical legacy of being one of the first to ditch technologies...
    06-29-2008 03:04 PM
    No floppy on the iMac?! No Optical on the Air?!

It's almost like Apple had a historical legacy of being one of the first to ditch technologies...
    That's all hardware technology.
    MMS could be purely enabled by a firmware update. Let the people who want it have it. Those who don't want MMS, wouldn't be affected by it unlike a floppy or optical drive in a computer.
    06-29-2008 04:43 PM
    For future reference you can always email a photo to anyone's phone as well.

All it takes is a little help from your friends by getting their service provider. Then simply add a second email address in their contact info using the below:

Alltel = xxxxxxxxxx@message.alltel.com
    AT&T = xxxxxxxxxx@mms.att.net
    Boost Mobile = xxxxxxxxxx@myboostmobile.com
    Cingular (AT&T) = xxxxxxxxxx@mms.mycingular.com
    Einstein PCS = xxxxxxxxxx@einsteinmms.com
    Sprint = xxxxxxxxxx@messaging.sprintpcs.com
    T-Mobile = xxxxxxxxxx@tmomail.net
    US Cellular = xxxxxxxxxx@mms.uscc.net
    Verizon Wireless = xxxxxxxxxx@vzwpix.com
    Virgin Mobile = xxxxxxxxxx@vmobl.com

If they want to send you a pic just simply make sure they send them to your email you have set up on your phone. Simple.
    Really? I didn't know you could do that. Thanks Bad Ash.
    06-29-2008 06:33 PM
    No floppy on the iMac?!
    Are you seriously the last person in the world to use a floppy disk? That's incredible!
    06-29-2008 09:10 PM
    Really? I didn't know you could do that. Thanks Bad Ash.
    All there is to it. The biggest pain is getting all of your friends who send you pictures from phones to send them to your email and not your phone number. But once they get the hang of it... bam... picture mail...
    06-30-2008 10:13 AM
    All there is to it. The biggest pain is getting all of your friends who send you pictures from phones to send them to your email and not your phone number. But once they get the hang of it... bam... picture mail...
    Thats some good shizz right there.
    Thank you. I had the AT&T mail but the others were MIA.
    I have added them as a new contact so ill always have the suffix with me.

Flavor #18 Jamaican Jerk Style
    Hey mon, its delicious. Just add a cold beer and some reggae music and you'll feel like you are in Montego Bay. Its got traditional jerk flavors with, Jamaican allspice, thyme and fresh habaneros.
    www.greenlightjerky.com
    06-30-2008 04:08 PM
    Thats some good shizz right there.
    Thank you. I had the AT&T mail but the others were MIA.
    I have added them as a new contact so ill always have the suffix with me.

Flavor #18 Jamaican Jerk Style
    Hey mon, its delicious. Just add a cold beer and some reggae music and you'll feel like you are in Montego Bay. Its got traditional jerk flavors with, Jamaican allspice, thyme and fresh habaneros.
    GREEN LIGHT JERKY COMPANY
    Or what you can do is just add another email for contacts with their number@pm.sprint.com and name it "picture mail". That's the way my contacts are set up.
    07-01-2008 01:50 PM
    Or what you can do is just add another email for contacts with their number@pm.sprint.com and name it "picture mail". That's the way my contacts are set up.
    I am doing that too. I was just referring to all the other carrier suffixes which I did not have.
    07-01-2008 05:13 PM
    Why go through all that all Apple has to do is add mms and everything would easier...
    07-02-2008 12:47 AM
    Why go through all that all Apple has to do is add mms and everything would easier...
    Because people have been trying to get Apple to add MMS support for the past year. They'll add it when they want to. These suggestions are workarounds until Apple gives in and adds it.

I could easily see how they could add MMS support to the existing texting layout with small thumbnails of the images etc etc. But once again, Apple might surprise us, or maybe they'll make us wait longer still. My money is on the latter.
    07-02-2008 01:05 AM
    when so many phones already have the MMS option, to not include it in the new iPhone would be a stupid move from Apple. I'm still hoping for a surprise for next week
    07-02-2008 10:31 AM
    At this point it is looking pretty grim. I'm guessing since At&t has come out with their plans for the iPhone and there is no mention of MMS... very doubtful. Just my opinion though. On the flip side I'm so used to using email to send and receive pictures that it really doesn't bother me. One of the positives while sending via email it does not downsize the picture like MMS would. Once you get past the shock of having to use email it's really not that bad...
    07-02-2008 11:01 AM
    At this point it is looking pretty grim. I'm guessing since At&t has come out with their plans for the iPhone and there is no mention of MMS... very doubtful. Just my opinion though. On the flip side I'm so used to using email to send and receive pictures that it really doesn't bother me. One of the positives while sending via email it does not downsize the picture like MMS would. Once you get past the shock of having to use email it's really not that bad...
    I have to agree with you.
    The challenge is getting your other party to use email instead which may not be an option.
    07-02-2008 11:53 AM
    I have to agree with you.
    The challenge is getting your other party to use email instead which may not be an option.
    Keep in mind the other party can send mms messages from their phone to your email address. They do not have to use email on their phone. Just to clarify for people who may not know that.
    07-02-2008 12:48 PM
    As cool as MMS would be, why would an "internal memo" from AT&T have a SS w/ a t-mobile operator logo in the top left corner?

Or is that just boygenius.com's photoshopped image?
    07-04-2008 03:44 PM
    As cool as MMS would be, why would an "internal memo" from AT&T have a SS w/ a t-mobile operator logo in the top left corner?

Or is that just boygenius.com's photoshopped image?
    All that is in the article is a picture of swirly mms put there by BGR... it's a mms app you can get via the installer if you jailbreak/unlock. Like I've mentioned before at this point it's highly unlikely we will see mms come July 11th.
    Last edited by Jeremy Sikora; 07-04-2008 at 04:03 PM.
    07-04-2008 03:59 PM
    All that is in the article is a picture of swirly mms put there by BGR... it's a mms app you can get via the installer if you jailbreak/unlock. Like I've mentioned before at this point it's highly unlikely we will see mms come July 11th.
    Ah, thanks for the clarification
    07-04-2008 06:14 PM
    so will the standard texting rates apply?
    07-04-2008 08:15 PM
    so will the standard texting rates apply?
    For phones with MMS on At&t yes it is like a text message. But the real question is is the iPhone going to have mms. But like I and others have said in this very thread, chances of that happening at this point look really slim.
    07-04-2008 10:15 PM
    Do you think that developers can easily develop an application that can allow you to send multimedia to other people. I think so. I also think that when the new iPhone comes out, there will be an app in the AppStore for something like this. I think it would also be really easy to do this. Apple says developers can integrate some Apps and Programs to work with each other, so why can`t messaging and camera work together. I think if not by Friday, then in a month or so, we will see an application for this. I don`t know why Apple didn`t do this themselves. Perhaps they`ll allow it to be an add-on for free on the AppStore for us.

What do you think?
    07-07-2008 11:25 PM
    That would be great. But, how will they "make" sure you use the internets.

Some people just txt and mms, which would negate the use of email, me.com, etc.......

I think the AppStore and Installer.app will end up being at each others throats.

Case and point is Slingplayer. Will Apple let Sling in the store and steal sales away or will Sling have to go to Installer.app? Same scenario with TomTom vs TeleNav...etc.

Unless install.app finds a way to let the AppStore apps and its own apps live on the phone in harmony. We are in for a fun ride.
    07-08-2008 02:22 AM
    However I am getting more annoyed why a simple thing is not on the phone. I get pics all the time. I know I can send them email but its not hitting their phone via those MMS numbers that you send from email to their phone. Its not working at least when sending to verizon. So all I can do is forward it to email addresses which is pissing me off! Come on!!! Someone create an MMS app before I go nuts!!! Ok end of rant. Really I just don't get it. Even emailing a pic to cellnumber@vtext.com for verizon does not work. I keep getting more depressed every day when I check the apps store and see nothing. Wonder if apple is not letting those in.
    08-16-2008 06:01 PM
    3guser,

I know how you feel. I was pretty bummed about the MMS thing too. The hardest part was getting the people that send me pics to understand the whole email thing. I think I got them all trained now! Anyway, the email address you are using for verizon is wrong. The last part should be vzwpix.com Hopefully that helps you out.
    08-16-2008 06:09 PM
    Holy batman your right! I had the wrong address. Still would like to see a MMS app. Thanks!
    08-16-2008 06:24 PM
    Wait a minute...the iPhone 3G doesn't have MMS????!?!!????

Next thing, you'll be telling me there's no cut and paste...
    08-16-2008 10:07 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD