Why include a sim ejector tool???

IrishJK09

May 30, 2008
Visit site
Considering the great lengths they go through to try and keep the phone carrier locked, I see no point in it. Maybe there is some yet to be revealed secret that will clear it all up? Dun.. dun.. dun...

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
think $19.99 is bad, this guy is selling a paperclip and black tape for $499, although, if you buy this paperclip, he is giving the 10% of the proceeds to charity... lol.

ebay link

patput

Jun 25, 2008
www.mwpbooks.com
Maybe they are expecting a lot of battery failures so people will need to eject their cards before sending in for new one.
There's no dock with the new iphone???????

IrishJK09

May 30, 2008
Visit site
Maybe they are expecting a lot of battery failures so people will need to eject their cards before sending in for new one.
There's no dock with the new iphone???????

No, no dock.

Doesn't bother me though, the dock wasn't all that great on the first iPhone. It worked fine for awhile, then it would intermittently stop recognizing the phone was plugged in. After having a few syncs get screwed up halfway through, I cut the dock out of the equation and just plugged straight in.

Never had a problem after that.

burnsaa

Oct 26, 2006
Visit site
It must be that some intern at apple had screwed up their office supply order and ordered 10,000 boxes of paper clips instead of 10. His new job is to put one paper clip in each box as it goes by on the production line. Gosh I hate it when the keys on my keyboard sticks :p

carsly

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Maybe for the next gen iphone there will be a software-based auto-eject of the SIM complete with tiny parachute (single use only, of course).

Another thought is that you're not intended to use it on your own phone, but when you jack other people's phones you can use the tool to 'be nice' and leave them their SIM and just take the phone?

volsfan0911

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
oh wait - the SIM is not going to be user replaceable! Duh - you take your iPhone to the repair center, pay $74.99 - give them the SIM ejector tool and then rent another iPhone for 3 days while they eject your SIM! Now why didn't I see that before? :rolleyes:

hey_WILL

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
bad ash, i thought that you won't be able to use the current one. something about the curve of the back(of the 3G)
searching for weblink...

edit:4:50
here it is..
http://www.engadget.com/tag/iphone 3g/page/2/

note: bullet #14 "It doesn't look like this thing is going to fit in your old dock. The new dock does look smaller and more sculpted to the new iPhone's curves."
(engadget.com)
searching for more evidence..

Last edited:

HawaiiMacAddict

Jun 27, 2008
home.hawaii.rr.com
bad ash, i thought that you won't be able to use the current one. something about the curve of the back(of the 3G)
searching for weblink...

here it is..
Posts tagged Iphone 3g at Engadget

note: bullet #14 "It doesn't look like this thing is going to fit in your old dock. The new dock does look smaller and more sculpted to the new iPhone's curves."
(engadget.com)

Aloha tkane2712,

I wonder if this is going to be a trend - every time a new iPhone comes out, it requires a new dock. or some such nonsense like that. It really is nonsense to charge $50 for an item included with the previous version of the same product. Then again, I may just be bitter about it. :D

HawaiiMacAddict

hey_WILL

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
if you buy a universal(sp?) dock, then you only need the mold for the product. but it is still not said wether or not the 3g will fit.

supermum

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
searching for weblink...

here it is..
Posts tagged Iphone 3g at Engadget

(engadget.com)

That is why Bad Ash joked (or maybe was not joking depending on his power tool experience) about using a Dremel tool to change the shape of the iPhone Dock.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox