This Wait is Killing Me

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Went in to an Apple store today. Very discouraging. The Apple person that I talked to had no idea of supply or even what time on the 11th the iPhone would go on sale. He gave me a card to call store managers but assured me that managers knew no more than he. He seemed to expect a disaster and an inadquate supply. Much different from last year. Seems more like Palm than Apple.

While the mall was not crowded for a holiday weekend, the Apple store was very crowded. Like last year but a week earlier. I suppose that there will be an iPhone for most that want one at some price. Again, more like Palm than Apple.

Last edited:

hey_WILL

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
i feel like there have been a lot of cases and stories about store reps and service workers not knowing or having inacurate info. heck! theres a whole freakin thread for it.
But there are 3 apple/att stores near by me, so i feel like one of them HAS to have some in stck on lauch morning, if they don't then apple is doing a pretty pore job of producing/distributing them.
But i doubt that they will be running low, i mean wasn't there multible articles before wwdc about apple sipping boxes labeled "electronic computers" and unidentified boxes stacked outside apple buldings?

HymerSchmidt

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
I'm beginning to understand self-mutilation as I wait for the iPhone. ANYTHING to distract me from the wait is necessary. (I'm not actually going to self-mutilate, so you can stop dialing whatever mental hotline.)

But only 5 more days till I get my precious. I just hope I don't get robbed.

Kupe#WP

Jul 28, 2000
Visit site
Went in to an Apple store today. Very discouraging. The Apple person that I talked to had no idea of supply or even what time on the 11th the iPhone would go on sale. He gave me a card to call store managers but assured me that managers knew no more than he. He seemed to expect a disaster and an inadquate supply. Much different from last year. Seems more like Palm than Apple.
LOL - your source is obviously a new guy (or his mid-term memory is shot :eek: ). Last year the phones didn't start arriving at the Apple stores until the day before they went on sale. Nobody working in the store knew how many iPhones they were getting in. Apple is very careful to centrally control all this information.

circuitry

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site

While the mall was not crowded for a holiday weekend, the Apple store was very crowded. Like last year but a week earlier. I suppose that there will be an iPhone for most that want one at some price. Again, more like Palm than Apple.

I went in to the Apple store yesterday and the guy I talked to was extremely nice, but told me that nobody in the store knew anything of AT&Ts plans. He said it was kind of ridiculous that no one really knows what's going on. So basically Apple made the phone, and then AT&T took a *dump*.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dionte

Jul 6, 2008
Visit site
the wait is starting to get to me to, I guess because its getting closer and closer to the release, i'm hoping they leak that mms messaging will be added on the day before the release. is it also gonna go on sale at the apple stores at 8 a.m.? I don't know if i am the only one but i want the iphone bag also, thats why I am considering going there instead of the at&t store

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
the wait is starting to get to me to, I guess because its getting closer and closer to the release, i'm hoping they leak that mms messaging will be added on the day before the release. is it also gonna go on sale at the apple stores at 8 a.m.? I don't know if i am the only one but i want the iphone bag also, thats why I am considering going there instead of the at&t store

I can't imagine that Apple would let AT&T have all the fun and not open at 8am also. Just a guess, I have no inside info.

Dionte

Jul 6, 2008
Visit site
I can't imagine that Apple would let AT&T have all the fun and not open at 8am also. Just a guess, I have no inside info.

that would be cool, the only apple stores in my area are in malls, no way for people to line up early, I wonder if mobs of people will be running down the halls when they open the doors, I better go up there early and plan the fastest route to the apple store

hey_WILL

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
thad be funny.
i really hope they don't run low on them.
i was just in nyc today with my family, we were walking back to the train when i remembered that i wanted to see the 5th av apple store. but we were on 40(apple store is on 59th) and we would have to walk 40 blocks out of the way. :(

timebomb16

Jun 22, 2008
Visit site
HEY! i got a job . . . i needed one, plus it will make the wait go faster. but the catch is that i don't start till the 13th! hahaha

well you won some you lose some... in this case i did a little bit of both. but still, 4 days thats nothing compared to looking at the count down and seeing 23 days

is anyone else wondering where all that time went?

Dionte

Jul 6, 2008
Visit site
HEY! i got a job . . . i needed one, plus it will make the wait go faster. but the catch is that i don't start till the 13th! hahaha

well you won some you lose some... in this case i did a little bit of both. but still, 4 days thats nothing compared to looking at the count down and seeing 23 days

is anyone else wondering where all that time went?

man it did go fast, I remember june 9th when they said it wasn't gonna be released to july 11th, I didn't know what I was gonna do with myself, but the time flew by

michi_love

Jul 1, 2008
Visit site
man it did go fast, I remember june 9th when they said it wasn't gonna be released to july 11th, I didn't know what I was gonna do with myself, but the time flew by

Indeed! It's almost here... so... close... 5 more agonizing days :( I keep watching unboxing clips on youtube. Sad huh?? hehhe I can't wait till it's my turn :p

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
Its so funny when I heard about the iPhone 3g coming out I misread the release date as June 11th. I was so happy! I walked in to AT&T and asked one of their reps. if it was coming out soon, an the guy told me no, July 11th is when it comes out. I was so devistated. But wow I can't believe it, it almost about to release!

Mihai

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
Yeah, time flew by so quickly. I can't believe that it'll be this week. Whit every day that passes by the anxiety will be bigger and bigger.
Oh, man, I can already feel it in my hand... :D

manho1dup

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
I am just counting the days...I didn't get the first iPhone because I wanted to wait for the 3G version so I am very excited about this.

Hurry, July 11th and come already!!!

Dionte

Jul 6, 2008
Visit site
Indeed! It's almost here... so... close... 5 more agonizing days :( I keep watching unboxing clips on youtube. Sad huh?? hehhe I can't wait till it's my turn :p

I think about it when I wake up and before I go to bed, I wish I could just sleep til friday, it would be so much easier, I don't know what i'm gonna do after I get one, i haven't been this obsessed about anything in a while, I hope I am able to sleep Thursday night

hey_WILL

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Its so funny when I heard about the iPhone 3g coming out I misread the release date as June 11th. I was so happy! I walked in to AT&T and asked one of their reps. if it was coming out soon, an the guy told me no, July 11th is when it comes out. I was so devistated. But wow I can't believe it, it almost about to release!

holy crap! me too! i was sitting on my couch watching the keynote, they went through all the stuff and then they brought up the iphone, told us the date, i thought he said june 11. i threw my arms up in the air and yelled. but then i thought about it. wondered.. then rewinded the keynote and almost cried

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW