This Wait is Killing Me

circuitry

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
Yea I went in yesterday and they started out by telling me 17 months until I'm eligible, then I asked again and they said 12 months. lol.

that's too long for me to wait.

Billsteve

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
ok, i just got off the line with at&t about early upgrades. and they said that they sometimes bend the rule if your phone is broken.

So, being a bad person i called and told them that my phone is broken, and they told me that they made a note on my account and to call back on the 11th, and they may be able to get me an iphone that day.

try that Ccity.

timebomb16

Jun 22, 2008
Visit site
You would think ATT or Apple would leak us out a little something to keep us going. This time span from WWDC to July 11 seems A LOT longer
than I thought it would.
And the supposed leak of yesterday about the 8AM rather than 6PM release time has me crazy.
How are the rest of you handling this? Probably in a more adult fashion than I am, right?

umm . . . sadly no. I have a count down widget ( i searched the internet until i found one that was set to 8 am my time :/) I've been changing my facebook status every day "______ is iPhone in __ days" and i've been all over th net looking for leaked images, watching videos (even WWDC over again) ugh . . .

thank god i've been a little distracted this past week with some necessary work . . . but yeah the time seems to pass soooooooo sloooooowwww . . . . . . . . .

timebomb16

Jun 22, 2008
Visit site
@all of the above: it seems that Apple's marketing campaign for the new iPhone did it's job for you :p
but now imagine that I'm waiting to buy an iPhone for 1 year. I admit, though, that I've reached a critical point this past few weeks :D

yeah . . . were in the same boat buddy. I've been wanting this thing since it first came out . . it was painful for me to tell myself to wait till the next gen came out, sooo painful :p

timebomb16

Jun 22, 2008
Visit site
ok so i know i've posted a ton on this . . but am i the only one that has started telling the self that they're waiting for something else on the 11th, like Hellboy II... i know i have just to make it seem like i'm a little less crazy. But the fact that i said in the theatre "JULY 11TH! Thats when the iPhone comes out! that'll be an exciting day, huh?" i think that when i started adding dates to the iPhone launch day instead of a calendar is when the deal was sealed. i'm officially obsessed with this phone . . .

timebomb16

Jun 22, 2008
Visit site
An AT&T store just opened up about 45 seconds from my doorstep
with that,
the wait seems infinitely longer as I drive past it every day..

An AT&T really opened that close to your doorstep? Wow I'd hate to see the line go in your house :D hehe just kidding. I know exactly what you mean every day I think about the release of the new iPhone 3G... I swear my life is going in slow mo right now because of it... haha

you should charge people for water and bathroom use :p

supermum

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
ok so i know i've posted a ton on this . . but am i the only one that has started telling the self that they're waiting for something else on the 11th, like Hellboy II... i know i have just to make it seem like i'm a little less crazy. But the fact that i said in the theatre "JULY 11TH! Thats when the iPhone comes out! that'll be an exciting day, huh?" i think that when i started adding dates to the iPhone launch day instead of a calendar is when the deal was sealed. i'm officially obsessed with this phone . . .

Not exactly, however.. I am able to switch to AT&T on the 17th.. and then the other night a Project Runway commercial came on TV talking about the new season starting on July 16 and I thought to myself, "July is the BEST MONTH EVER!" And then I was relieved that I had something to keep my mind off of the iPhone the night before I got it.

Timebomb.. I am starting to worry about us. First the bags, now this. Hopefully we have iPhone in hand before we are committed to an institution.

I probably should also mention that I have an AT&T guy working on his day off to get me the iPhone. Poor sap. He wanted the three line commission so bad he is making a special trip to work for me... I have brought other people into my madness.

Last edited:

timebomb16

Jun 22, 2008
Visit site
Not exactly, however.. I am able to switch to AT&T on the 17th.. and then the other night a Project Runway commercial came on TV talking about the new season starting on July 16 and I thought to myself, "July is the BEST MONTH EVER!" And then I was relieved that I had something to keep my mind off of the iPhone the night before I got it.

Timebomb.. I am starting to worry about us. First the bags, now this. Hopefully we have iPhone in hand before we are committed to an institution.

I probably should also mention that I have an AT&T guy working on his day off to get me the iPhone. Poor sap. He wanted the three line commission so bad he is making a special trip to work for me... I have brought other people into my madness.

OMG i know . . . i'm getting a job (at least a 2nd interview) at quiznos so i think that the frustration of learning how to make a sandwich will take my mind off the phone (at least a little). I'm glad quiznos doesn't have any cool bags for me to collect, then . . . just admit me to the asylum now. . .

maybe a nice one overlooking the Cupertino Campus . . . ugh i'm totally crazy.

hey_WILL

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
timebomb, consider qouting someone then copying it and putting it into another post to be able to post multible quotes in one post. instead of 4 posts in a row, posted about 5 minutes apart

anon(1217668)

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
timebomb, consider qouting someone then copying it and putting it into another post to be able to post multible quotes in one post. instead of 4 posts in a row, posted about 5 minutes apart

There's also a handy "multi-quote" button right next to quote. It'll open up all the messages you marked as quotes, and you can reply in the same post.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods