This Wait is Killing Me

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
Given the fact that the stores will be open earlier, do you guys think we'll see the same line madness of last year? My biggest fear is waiting in line and then getting to the counter and have them say "sorry sir, we are sold out" :eek:

pink2

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
You would think ATT or Apple would leak us out a little something to keep us going. This time span from WWDC to July 11 seems A LOT longer
than I thought it would.
And the supposed leak of yesterday about the 8AM rather than 6PM release time has me crazy.
How are the rest of you handling this? Probably in a more adult fashion than I am, right?

Ask and you shall receive! Apple posted a new Guided Tour on their site: Apple - iPhone - A Guided Tour

marys

Jul 2, 2008
Visit site
Given the fact that the stores will be open earlier, do you guys think we'll see the same line madness of last year? My biggest fear is waiting in line and then getting to the counter and have them say "sorry sir, we are sold out" :eek:

I don't think it will be the same madness like last year. Back then they were releasing it the first time. Now they are launching a better version of the same phone.
Many people who already have one won't buy a new iPhone. Others will wait until when it will be possible to unlock it.

joshboldman

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
A little surprised myself

You know, I was a little surprised when they announced it a whole month in advance. That just seems like a bit too long, but then again, it's not like the iPhone hype has subsided any though.

GaryUSC

Apr 27, 2005
Visit site
I don't think the lines will be as long as last year either. The folks at the Apple store told me that there will be special events held on the launch day in the stores. It should be fun to check them out on the 11th.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
was it busy at small, suburban stores last year?
Line overnight at the AT&T Store in Norwalk, CT, sold out by noon Saturday. Apple store in Stamford had no line and phones at 1pm on Saturday. Norwalk and Stamford are burbs. However, suburban Apple stores are somewhere in size between Radio Shack and Circuit City.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
You know, I was a little surprised when they announced it a whole month in advance. That just seems like a bit too long, but then again, it's not like the iPhone hype has subsided any though.

I guess I was more disappointed than surprised. I had been a Palm customer for a decade. At Palm they slipped by quarter, not month, and three slips were routine.

Apple, in the phone business, until you will ship on demand, it is all "vaporware." A big show is just so much smoke.

Cool Cat

Dec 16, 2004
www.muelver.us
Only one week left and I'm always trying to find ways to pass the time. I've called Verizon several times to confirm what my ETF will be. I've been going over the AT&T rate plans time and time again trying to decide which one to go with. I've been watching all the videos that are available from Apple and AT&T and reading every scrap of iPhone news I can find. It'll get here, and then I can rest.

abalboa3

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
About to start a small vacation and I know I'm just gonna be counting down the days until I get to go pick-up the new phone. Only bad thing is that we have tickets to see George Lopez and I think I'm gonna want to stay home and play with my new toy. :D

supermum

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
Only one week left and I'm always trying to find ways to pass the time. I've called Verizon several times to confirm what my ETF will be. I've been going over the AT&T rate plans time and time again trying to decide which one to go with. I've been watching all the videos that are available from Apple and AT&T and reading every scrap of iPhone news I can find. It'll get here, and then I can rest.

BUT have you read the original iPhone manual on Apple.com yet?

jmeiners

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
AT&T Rollover Minutes

I was comparing the 2G plans with the newly announced plans for the 3G and noticed the absence of a reference to rollover minutes. anyone know if they area part of the plans or has that gone away?

sailorgirl

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
My understanding was that rollover minutes continue with the 3G. Now don't ask me to go find you a link because honestly I've read so many sites I really couldn't. However, AT&T has been big on the rollover minutes, so I would be surprised if they did away with them for just one product. AT&T love to gouge but I think that would be too obvious even for them.

hey_WILL

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I was comparing the 2G plans with the newly announced plans for the 3G and noticed the absence of a reference to rollover minutes. anyone know if they area part of the plans or has that gone away?

IPhone Faq: iPhone FAQ Update

fineprint. look at the plan charts, look above the minutes..

"unlimited data(email/web), visual voicemail, rollover, unlimited mobile to mobile, unlimited nights and weekends."

circuitry

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
WOOHOO! 7 days until I get to pay $600 or more for a phone! I love being a loyal AT&T customer! It doesn't upset me in the least that a non-AT&T customer can waltz on in and get their iPhone for $400 less than me! Yayyyy!!!! I knew it was a good idea to wait for this revision! Exclamation mark!

sailorgirl

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
I don't know how much you have left on your contract Circuitry, but I suspect that AT&T employees are being given some latitude in determining who gets the upgrade and who doesn't. If you're moderately close to the end of your contract, pay your bills on time, etc., I'll bet you could sweettalk someone into upgrading you sooner, especially if you play the "loyal customer of AT&T for 80 billion years" card. More than once I've had AT&T (granted this was at a franchise store) employees tell me "oh no, we can't do that" and a little more talking and guess what ... they can! Maybe bring doughnuts with you! LOL

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73