This Wait is Killing Me

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
You would think ATT or Apple would leak us out a little something to keep us going. This time span from WWDC to July 11 seems A LOT longer
than I thought it would.
And the supposed leak of yesterday about the 8AM rather than 6PM release time has me crazy.
How are the rest of you handling this? Probably in a more adult fashion than I am, right?
LOL it doesn't really bother me. I have no plans of upgrading. But if I did, I would be going crazy like you as well. Good luck on the whole wait thing.

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
iLost my mind the second iheard about the iPhone 3G... hehe. I wish the sold it sooner honestly. The iPhone is seriously going to blow the Blackberry Bold out of the water.

michi_love

Jul 1, 2008
Visit site
hahah I'm glad there are people who feel the same way I do. My co-workers and my boyfriend think I've lost my marbles. I can't go one day without looking at the apple website and watching all the demos on the its features. I'm a iPhone virgin as some of you are too. This wait is KILLING me. 11 more days to go... That's damn near a half a month! Argh!!! Can't they just throw us a bone and release some more official news?

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
An AT&T store just opened up about 45 seconds from my doorstep :D
with that,
the wait seems infinitely longer as I drive past it every day.. :(

An AT&T really opened that close to your doorstep? Wow I'd hate to see the line go in your house :D hehe just kidding. I know exactly what you mean every day I think about the release of the new iPhone 3G... I swear my life is going in slow mo right now because of it... haha

supermum

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
I just need geekier friends (who are still normal and hot).. all of my friends just don't get it.
My family doesn't either.

dhp1080

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
I remember starting the countdown at 35 days (I believe). Time hasn't gone by too slowly for me even though I have been manually updating the count.

A mere 10 days remain. We're almost in the single digits folks.

Nick9283

Jun 3, 2008
Visit site
Yah i work here at an att store and the funny thing is i havent hear a peap. usually managers can give us hints, demos, or videos of new devices but no this one. its all top secret. all i know is once their in store im setting one on the very top shelf ware no one can see it for yours truly

moomen

Jul 1, 2008
Visit site
Yes. I have been waiting till may and thought I'd be buying one on june 9th or shortly thereafter. This wait is horrendus, not to mention the lack of details on what time they will actually be going on sale. I hope not 6pm. I heard they may not be getting the shipments till the 11th, but I hope this isn't the case. They should hopefully be all set the day before! How early are you all going to the stores? I'm thinking around 12AM, unless the sale is later in the day. I worry with such an ambitious launch(i.e. 22 countries on the same day) there may be stock issues. I hear analysts saying apple hopes to ship 15 million by the end of the year, but that means there are probably less then a mill per country, maybe a lot less...aaaaarrrghhh! I just can't take it anymore...\going to take some meds now\ I'm such a maniac!

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Yes. I have been waiting till may and thought I'd be buying one on june 9th or shortly thereafter. This wait is horrendus, not to mention the lack of details on what time they will actually be going on sale. I hope not 6pm. I heard they may not be getting the shipments till the 11th, but I hope this isn't the case. They should hopefully be all set the day before! How early are you all going to the stores? I'm thinking around 12AM, unless the sale is later in the day. I worry with such an ambitious launch(i.e. 22 countries on the same day) there may be stock issues. I hear analysts saying apple hopes to ship 15 million by the end of the year, but that means there are probably less then a mill per country, maybe a lot less...aaaaarrrghhh! I just can't take it anymore...\going to take some meds now\ I'm such a maniac!
Last year I went to the AT&T store on Saturday about noon. They were sold out. They recommended the Apple Store. Got to the Apple store around 1pm to find it a tiny bit more crowded than usual. However, I was in and out with my new phone in five minutes.

I plan to go the Apple store about 10am on Saturday. While the Apple store is in a mall and will remain open until 9pm, I expect a long line on Friday night.

hey_WILL

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
rosaxparks that sucks but at the same time, its good cause you can scope it out the night of. like if people begin to wait in line, then you can just line up. and if no one shows up then you can see and not worry about it.

MRidgeway

Jul 1, 2008
Visit site
I'm sad now, I won't be able to get my iphone on July 11th. My upgrade is not until 8/03/08, so I have to wait a few more weeks. I guess the good part is that I won't have to wait in any long lines.

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
I'm sad now, I won't be able to get my iphone on July 11th. My upgrade is not until 8/03/08, so I have to wait a few more weeks. I guess the good part is that I won't have to wait in any long lines.

I had the same thing told to me, actually they said I'm eligible to upgrade Dec. 29, 2008. That was before I bought my current iPhone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner