About to start a small vacation and I know I'm just gonna be counting down the days until I get to go pick-up the new phone. Only bad thing is that we have tickets to see George Lopez and I think I'm gonna want to stay home and play with my new toy.
    07-04-2008 01:37 AM
    Only one week left and I'm always trying to find ways to pass the time. I've called Verizon several times to confirm what my ETF will be. I've been going over the AT&T rate plans time and time again trying to decide which one to go with. I've been watching all the videos that are available from Apple and AT&T and reading every scrap of iPhone news I can find. It'll get here, and then I can rest.
    BUT have you read the original iPhone manual on Apple.com yet?
    07-04-2008 01:39 AM
    BUT have you read the original iPhone manual on Apple.com yet?
    LOL, no that's one I haven't done yet! Maybe I'll run off and download it now! And then watch the WWDC keynote one more time.
    07-04-2008 01:42 AM
    Only one week left and I'm always trying to find ways to pass the time. I've called Verizon several times to confirm what my ETF will be. I've been going over the AT&T rate plans time and time again trying to decide which one to go with. I've been watching all the videos that are available from Apple and AT&T and reading every scrap of iPhone news I can find. It'll get here, and then I can rest.
    I was comparing the 2G plans with the newly announced plans for the 3G and noticed the absence of a reference to rollover minutes. anyone know if they area part of the plans or has that gone away?
    07-04-2008 02:03 AM
    It helps do other things. If you stay home all the time this is whats going to happen.
    07-04-2008 03:30 AM
    I was comparing the 2G plans with the newly announced plans for the 3G and noticed the absence of a reference to rollover minutes. anyone know if they area part of the plans or has that gone away?
    Where did you find the 2G plans?
    07-04-2008 07:02 AM
    My understanding was that rollover minutes continue with the 3G. Now don't ask me to go find you a link because honestly I've read so many sites I really couldn't. However, AT&T has been big on the rollover minutes, so I would be surprised if they did away with them for just one product. AT&T love to gouge but I think that would be too obvious even for them.
    07-04-2008 09:36 AM
    IPhone Faq: iPhone FAQ Update

fineprint. look at the plan charts, look above the minutes..

"unlimited data(email/web), visual voicemail, rollover, unlimited mobile to mobile, unlimited nights and weekends."
    07-04-2008 09:45 AM
    WOOHOO! 7 days until I get to pay $600 or more for a phone! I love being a loyal AT&T customer! It doesn't upset me in the least that a non-AT&T customer can waltz on in and get their iPhone for $400 less than me! Yayyyy!!!! I knew it was a good idea to wait for this revision! Exclamation mark!
    07-04-2008 09:59 AM
    I don't know how much you have left on your contract Circuitry, but I suspect that AT&T employees are being given some latitude in determining who gets the upgrade and who doesn't. If you're moderately close to the end of your contract, pay your bills on time, etc., I'll bet you could sweettalk someone into upgrading you sooner, especially if you play the "loyal customer of AT&T for 80 billion years" card. More than once I've had AT&T (granted this was at a franchise store) employees tell me "oh no, we can't do that" and a little more talking and guess what ... they can! Maybe bring doughnuts with you! LOL
    07-04-2008 10:14 AM
    its not like someones forcing you to get it on lauch day, or even at all.
    wait until your plan is up
    07-04-2008 10:20 AM
    Yea I went in yesterday and they started out by telling me 17 months until I'm eligible, then I asked again and they said 12 months. lol.

that's too long for me to wait.
    07-04-2008 10:47 PM
    i have until the 28th can't wait!!

i wish they would just let me upgrade now!
    07-04-2008 11:08 PM
    ok, i just got off the line with at&t about early upgrades. and they said that they sometimes bend the rule if your phone is broken.

So, being a bad person i called and told them that my phone is broken, and they told me that they made a note on my account and to call back on the 11th, and they may be able to get me an iphone that day.

try that Ccity.
    07-04-2008 11:17 PM
    You would think ATT or Apple would leak us out a little something to keep us going. This time span from WWDC to July 11 seems A LOT longer
    than I thought it would.
    And the supposed leak of yesterday about the 8AM rather than 6PM release time has me crazy.
    How are the rest of you handling this? Probably in a more adult fashion than I am, right?
    umm . . . sadly no. I have a count down widget ( i searched the internet until i found one that was set to 8 am my time :/) I've been changing my facebook status every day "______ is iPhone in __ days" and i've been all over th net looking for leaked images, watching videos (even WWDC over again) ugh . . .

thank god i've been a little distracted this past week with some necessary work . . . but yeah the time seems to pass soooooooo sloooooowwww . . . . . . . . .
    07-05-2008 01:59 AM
    @all of the above: it seems that Apple's marketing campaign for the new iPhone did it's job for you
    but now imagine that I'm waiting to buy an iPhone for 1 year. I admit, though, that I've reached a critical point this past few weeks
    yeah . . . were in the same boat buddy. I've been wanting this thing since it first came out . . it was painful for me to tell myself to wait till the next gen came out, sooo painful
    07-05-2008 02:03 AM
    ok so i know i've posted a ton on this . . but am i the only one that has started telling the self that they're waiting for something else on the 11th, like Hellboy II... i know i have just to make it seem like i'm a little less crazy. But the fact that i said in the theatre "JULY 11TH! Thats when the iPhone comes out! that'll be an exciting day, huh?" i think that when i started adding dates to the iPhone launch day instead of a calendar is when the deal was sealed. i'm officially obsessed with this phone . . .
    07-05-2008 02:09 AM
    An AT&T store just opened up about 45 seconds from my doorstep
    with that,
    the wait seems infinitely longer as I drive past it every day..
    An AT&T really opened that close to your doorstep? Wow I'd hate to see the line go in your house hehe just kidding. I know exactly what you mean every day I think about the release of the new iPhone 3G... I swear my life is going in slow mo right now because of it... haha
    you should charge people for water and bathroom use :P
    07-05-2008 02:19 AM
    ok so i know i've posted a ton on this . . but am i the only one that has started telling the self that they're waiting for something else on the 11th, like Hellboy II... i know i have just to make it seem like i'm a little less crazy. But the fact that i said in the theatre "JULY 11TH! Thats when the iPhone comes out! that'll be an exciting day, huh?" i think that when i started adding dates to the iPhone launch day instead of a calendar is when the deal was sealed. i'm officially obsessed with this phone . . .
    Not exactly, however.. I am able to switch to AT&T on the 17th.. and then the other night a Project Runway commercial came on TV talking about the new season starting on July 16 and I thought to myself, "July is the BEST MONTH EVER!" And then I was relieved that I had something to keep my mind off of the iPhone the night before I got it.

Timebomb.. I am starting to worry about us. First the bags, now this. Hopefully we have iPhone in hand before we are committed to an institution.

I probably should also mention that I have an AT&T guy working on his day off to get me the iPhone. Poor sap. He wanted the three line commission so bad he is making a special trip to work for me... I have brought other people into my madness.
    Last edited by h22kai; 07-05-2008 at 02:39 AM.
    07-05-2008 02:36 AM
    Not exactly, however.. I am able to switch to AT&T on the 17th.. and then the other night a Project Runway commercial came on TV talking about the new season starting on July 16 and I thought to myself, "July is the BEST MONTH EVER!" And then I was relieved that I had something to keep my mind off of the iPhone the night before I got it.

Timebomb.. I am starting to worry about us. First the bags, now this. Hopefully we have iPhone in hand before we are committed to an institution.

I probably should also mention that I have an AT&T guy working on his day off to get me the iPhone. Poor sap. He wanted the three line commission so bad he is making a special trip to work for me... I have brought other people into my madness.
    OMG i know . . . i'm getting a job (at least a 2nd interview) at quiznos so i think that the frustration of learning how to make a sandwich will take my mind off the phone (at least a little). I'm glad quiznos doesn't have any cool bags for me to collect, then . . . just admit me to the asylum now. . .

maybe a nice one overlooking the Cupertino Campus . . . ugh i'm totally crazy.
    07-05-2008 02:45 AM
    timebomb, consider qouting someone then copying it and putting it into another post to be able to post multible quotes in one post. instead of 4 posts in a row, posted about 5 minutes apart
    07-05-2008 01:47 PM
    timebomb, consider qouting someone then copying it and putting it into another post to be able to post multible quotes in one post. instead of 4 posts in a row, posted about 5 minutes apart
    There's also a handy "multi-quote" button right next to quote. It'll open up all the messages you marked as quotes, and you can reply in the same post.
    07-05-2008 02:58 PM
    I just got off the phone with att and they said even if my phone is broken i cant get the upgrade price
    07-05-2008 03:15 PM
    There's also a handy "multi-quote" button right next to quote. It'll open up all the messages you marked as quotes, and you can reply in the same post.
    ok . . . no need to be a post nazi
    07-05-2008 06:43 PM
    Good grief, what difference does it make?
    07-05-2008 07:21 PM
110 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD