An AT&T store just opened up about 45 seconds from my doorstep
    with that,
    the wait seems infinitely longer as I drive past it every day..
    An AT&T really opened that close to your doorstep? Wow I'd hate to see the line go in your house hehe just kidding. I know exactly what you mean every day I think about the release of the new iPhone 3G... I swear my life is going in slow mo right now because of it... haha
    07-01-2008 12:13 AM
    I just need geekier friends (who are still normal and hot).. all of my friends just don't get it.
    My family doesn't either.
    07-01-2008 01:38 AM
    I remember starting the countdown at 35 days (I believe). Time hasn't gone by too slowly for me even though I have been manually updating the count.

A mere 10 days remain. We're almost in the single digits folks.
    07-01-2008 01:49 AM
    Yah i work here at an att store and the funny thing is i havent hear a peap. usually managers can give us hints, demos, or videos of new devices but no this one. its all top secret. all i know is once their in store im setting one on the very top shelf ware no one can see it for yours truly
    07-01-2008 04:04 AM
    I've been staring at this. Time seems longer now Customized counter
    Last edited by sinistar; 07-01-2008 at 05:50 AM.
    07-01-2008 05:07 AM
    I'd be a lot busier if it wasn't costing me $50 every time I fill the gas tank
    And the iPhone is going to fix this how?
    07-01-2008 06:56 AM
    An AT&T store just opened up about 45 seconds from my doorstep with that, the wait seems infinitely longer as I drive past it every day..
    You may still save time by going to the Apple Store.
    07-01-2008 06:58 AM
    Yes. I have been waiting till may and thought I'd be buying one on june 9th or shortly thereafter. This wait is horrendus, not to mention the lack of details on what time they will actually be going on sale. I hope not 6pm. I heard they may not be getting the shipments till the 11th, but I hope this isn't the case. They should hopefully be all set the day before! How early are you all going to the stores? I'm thinking around 12AM, unless the sale is later in the day. I worry with such an ambitious launch(i.e. 22 countries on the same day) there may be stock issues. I hear analysts saying apple hopes to ship 15 million by the end of the year, but that means there are probably less then a mill per country, maybe a lot less...aaaaarrrghhh! I just can't take it anymore...\going to take some meds now\ I'm such a maniac!
    07-01-2008 07:53 AM
    Yes. I have been waiting till may and thought I'd be buying one on june 9th or shortly thereafter. This wait is horrendus, not to mention the lack of details on what time they will actually be going on sale. I hope not 6pm. I heard they may not be getting the shipments till the 11th, but I hope this isn't the case. They should hopefully be all set the day before! How early are you all going to the stores? I'm thinking around 12AM, unless the sale is later in the day. I worry with such an ambitious launch(i.e. 22 countries on the same day) there may be stock issues. I hear analysts saying apple hopes to ship 15 million by the end of the year, but that means there are probably less then a mill per country, maybe a lot less...aaaaarrrghhh! I just can't take it anymore...\going to take some meds now\ I'm such a maniac!
    Last year I went to the AT&T store on Saturday about noon. They were sold out. They recommended the Apple Store. Got to the Apple store around 1pm to find it a tiny bit more crowded than usual. However, I was in and out with my new phone in five minutes.

I plan to go the Apple store about 10am on Saturday. While the Apple store is in a mall and will remain open until 9pm, I expect a long line on Friday night.
    07-01-2008 08:35 AM
    rosaxparks that sucks but at the same time, its good cause you can scope it out the night of. like if people begin to wait in line, then you can just line up. and if no one shows up then you can see and not worry about it.
    07-01-2008 09:37 AM
    I've been staring at this. Time seems longer now Customized counter
    You can change that countdown a bit. Now you only have to wait until 8 AM on July 11th. That shaves off a few hours for you.
    07-01-2008 05:52 PM
    Yes Yes Yes!!!! it is at 8am. I'll have to call my local apple and AT&T sites to see if they will be open at 8am.
    07-01-2008 06:44 PM
    I think AT&T regularly opens at 9am. I think they're opening earlier because of the iPhones' release.
    07-01-2008 06:56 PM
    I'm sad now, I won't be able to get my iphone on July 11th. My upgrade is not until 8/03/08, so I have to wait a few more weeks. I guess the good part is that I won't have to wait in any long lines.
    07-01-2008 07:02 PM
    I'm sad now, I won't be able to get my iphone on July 11th. My upgrade is not until 8/03/08, so I have to wait a few more weeks. I guess the good part is that I won't have to wait in any long lines.
    I had the same thing told to me, actually they said I'm eligible to upgrade Dec. 29, 2008. That was before I bought my current iPhone.
    07-01-2008 07:11 PM
    Given the fact that the stores will be open earlier, do you guys think we'll see the same line madness of last year? My biggest fear is waiting in line and then getting to the counter and have them say "sorry sir, we are sold out"
    07-01-2008 07:15 PM
    was it busy at small, suburban stores last year?
    07-01-2008 09:51 PM
    You would think ATT or Apple would leak us out a little something to keep us going. This time span from WWDC to July 11 seems A LOT longer
    than I thought it would.
    And the supposed leak of yesterday about the 8AM rather than 6PM release time has me crazy.
    How are the rest of you handling this? Probably in a more adult fashion than I am, right?
    Ask and you shall receive! Apple posted a new Guided Tour on their site: Apple - iPhone - A Guided Tour
    07-01-2008 11:34 PM
    Ask and you shall receive! Apple posted a new Guided Tour on their site: Apple - iPhone - A Guided Tour
    It's actually 2 days early - last year the new iPhone information didn't start coming out until 8 days prior to the 29 June launch.
    07-02-2008 08:03 AM
    Given the fact that the stores will be open earlier, do you guys think we'll see the same line madness of last year? My biggest fear is waiting in line and then getting to the counter and have them say "sorry sir, we are sold out"
    I don't think it will be the same madness like last year. Back then they were releasing it the first time. Now they are launching a better version of the same phone.
    Many people who already have one won't buy a new iPhone. Others will wait until when it will be possible to unlock it.
    07-02-2008 09:47 AM
    You know, I was a little surprised when they announced it a whole month in advance. That just seems like a bit too long, but then again, it's not like the iPhone hype has subsided any though.
    07-03-2008 03:58 PM
    I don't think the lines will be as long as last year either. The folks at the Apple store told me that there will be special events held on the launch day in the stores. It should be fun to check them out on the 11th.
    07-03-2008 04:06 PM
    was it busy at small, suburban stores last year?
    Line overnight at the AT&T Store in Norwalk, CT, sold out by noon Saturday. Apple store in Stamford had no line and phones at 1pm on Saturday. Norwalk and Stamford are burbs. However, suburban Apple stores are somewhere in size between Radio Shack and Circuit City.
    07-03-2008 06:25 PM
    You know, I was a little surprised when they announced it a whole month in advance. That just seems like a bit too long, but then again, it's not like the iPhone hype has subsided any though.
    I guess I was more disappointed than surprised. I had been a Palm customer for a decade. At Palm they slipped by quarter, not month, and three slips were routine.

Apple, in the phone business, until you will ship on demand, it is all "vaporware." A big show is just so much smoke.
    07-03-2008 06:31 PM
    Only one week left and I'm always trying to find ways to pass the time. I've called Verizon several times to confirm what my ETF will be. I've been going over the AT&T rate plans time and time again trying to decide which one to go with. I've been watching all the videos that are available from Apple and AT&T and reading every scrap of iPhone news I can find. It'll get here, and then I can rest.
    07-04-2008 01:22 AM
110 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD