movie rating application

How likely would you be to use this application?

• Absolutley, I might even pay a little for it if it was done right

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Yeah, but only if it was free

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No Way

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

bigbrass93

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
how likely would you be to use an application that gave in real time, community movie, and restaurant ratings? essentially a program like yelp or rotten tomatoes that gave sortable user ratings on a scale from 1-10, with the ability to rate and write reviews straight from ur iphone?

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
I think an IMDB app would be cool. Pull ratings, movie times, plot, etc. right from the website. I'd definitely get it for a few bucks. Going to Fandango or any other website to look up movie information on MobileSafari always takes forever, even on WiFi.

patcom8

Jun 5, 2008
Visit site
I think something like this would be great. I would really like a nice application that allowed people to rate resturants in the area. This would also be a great place for softwear to use the geo-tagging applicaiton to locate whats available based on your location.

bigbrass93

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
yes that's essentially the idea. i am developing a platform for a web based application for a user rating site tied into a numerical rating (think rotten tomatoes for everything) and we were thinking a good launching point might be using the new sdk to develop an app for maybe movies, restuarants and a few other things. not trying to get free advertising just trying to get everyone's opinons on such an app. appreciate any feedback.

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
I think something like this would be great. I would really like a nice application that allowed people to rate resturants in the area. This would also be a great place for softwear to use the geo-tagging applicaiton to locate whats available based on your location.

I could bet someone will release something like that. It would be really helpful for big cities like Boston, NYC, or San Fran.

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
I wouldn't want to pay for a app that lets me rate movies so someone else could benefit from my opinions. That is ridiculous. If anything, they should pay me, not the other way around.

HymerSchmidt

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
My recommendation: if you are developing this app, make it free. Unless there is an aspect that's hard to reproduce/innovative, someone else will build one and make it free; taking away any fame and fortune(from the fame) attached to your development. I'd be willing to pay for an app like this, but not if I can get it for free.

And the best price-point for any niche app(opposed to some major convenience app), like this is, is probably $.99. The problem is a lot of this info is available via the web, and people are cheap when it comes to small conveniences -- especially when there will be so many conveniences(apps) to choose from.

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
The only way I see making this app worth paying for is if there is some type of prize. Let's say you pay $1.99 for the app. Every time you rate a movie, provide a review, etc. you are entered into a weekly, monthly or whatever drawing to win free movie tickets. Something of that nature. It will provide a benefit for everyone.

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
So you thinking of a mobile app that ties in with their main website? That sounds like a good possibility. The main website could then serve the ads that would subsidize the cost of the mobile app.

bigbrass93

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
correct on all accounts. mobile app as a free add on to generate buzz for online site, which will be more fully featured with more categories, text reviews, etc etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2