exchange and mobile me

bigbrass93

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
if i am running an exchange server, can i sync it up with mobileme? or do i have to use apple's email address? the only reason i ask is because if i use exchange with the iphone, i will have to use entourage with my mac instead of mail, but i would rather tie in exchange with my mobileme so my mobileme account uses my exchange email address allowing me to use apple's mail program.

bigbrass93

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
i don't know, im new to mac and might be switching from my blackberry. i could sync exchange with the iphone, but i don't want to use entourage on my mac, and presently i can't use exchange with the mac mail to sync cal and contacts. so i was wondering if a possible workout is to integrate my exchange account with my mobileme service.

totally new to apple so tell me if im missing something.

bigbrass93

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
so i guess the real question is here. can i use both exchange and mobileme? and will doing so allow a change i make on the iphone to get pushed to both exchange and mobile me? and vice versa. if i make a change in my entourage calendar, will it push to iphone via exchange, and then push back to ical via mobileme?

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
".Mac" can download from POP3 servers, but NOT imap clients... although .Mac is an IMAP client..

one would assume that this would carry over, although, we all know what assumptions end up doing...

bigbrass93

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
im not sure what that means, but i guess at this point if mobileme basically functions as its own server i can't sync my exchange with ical, which kinda suxx.

has anyone ever used entourage?

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
basically, im not too familiar with Exchange, but if you can utilize a POP feature, then .Mac can retrieve email from it...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice