iPhone as an External HD

Well, do you?

• No. "External HD? You're an idiot."

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Yes. "Heck ya! Hymerschmidt, you're my messiah!"

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Huh? "I just got home from work, packed a bowl, and can't string together a coherent thought."

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Who cares?! I like to sing. "John Jacob Jingle Hymer Schmidt, that's my name too..."

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

HymerSchmidt

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
I know there are apps out there that already do this, but I badly, bad-ly, want this functionality.

Only when installed on all the machines used, do these third-party apps work. Which almost negates the coolness of an external drive(planning is for squares!).

And the only workaround is ghetto. It involves saving the app as a photo, then doing a photo transfer, then opening the app and proceeding. I want the iPhone to have a disk-mode like my iPod. Easy, simple, clever. One device to rule them all. All that jazz.

Do you want your iPhone to function as an external drive?

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
That is a good idea. I have a 4gb iPhone right now and I never have it filled up. I usually have about a gig of space left, and it would be nice to store files on it for on the go stuff, like word docs or whatever, that way I dont have to email them to myself.

P.S. I don't think you are my messiah. That's just crazy.

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
I doubt Apple will make the iPhone as an External HD. Even at 16GB with music, videos, and pictures; you're looking at a few GB to use. And who doesn't have a flash drive already to move their stuff? They'd also want you to buy MobileMe to use iDisk. Which actually looks interesting, but I don't know if it would be worth the $99 price tag.

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
I doubt Apple will make the iPhone as an External HD. Even at 16GB with music, videos, and pictures; you're looking at a few GB to use. And who doesn't have a flash drive already to move their stuff? They'd also want you to buy MobileMe to use iDisk. Which actually looks interesting, but I don't know if it would be worth the $99 price tag.
A few GB to use to more than we can use now. Not everyone loads their iphone to the brim with music, pictures, movies, etc. The extra space could be put to better use.

HymerSchmidt

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
A few GB to use to more than we can use now. Not everyone loads their iphone to the brim with music, pictures, movies, etc. The extra space could be put to better use.

I would say "amen" for saying what I would have said, but I'm pretending to be Jesus and it might ruin the effect. How about I offer you another virgin in Heaven, how does that sound? ...Oh.... Wait, you're xintelinsanex? Oh, yeah, you are.... Ummm... We can't really send virgins to Hell. Yeaaahhhh... Awkward. Awkward. Awkward... Um, better luck next time though, champ, buddy... (And that's a figure of speech, because the truth is there is no next time, and you will be there forever, FOR-EV-ER.)

...Hey, deities can have a sense of humor too. The truth is I don't really decide anything, my Father does. I spend most of my time partying in the 11th dimension; wild place... And the whole thing about the external HD is: my sheet doesn't have pockets. So, I can't really be carrying around a flash drive. Why would you want to if you didn't have to?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner