Need to step it up!!

IrishJK09

May 30, 2008
Visit site
Attention fellow users of the iPhone Blog Forums:

We need to step it up a bit around here. The iPhone Blog really is a great site for iPhone news, and I want to see them stick around. The crew is very quick to consolidate the important information and bring the stories to us, and they do it with a nice sense of humor too. I have no doubt they will continue to see decent traffic and get good exposure as a blog-reporting site, but this forum needs help!

It is rough when you log in at night and see that only one topic has had activity in the 8 hours since the last time you stopped by, and that activity consists of TWO posts!!

Granted, we can't "live" in the forum, but we could definitely spice it up. This could really be a great community for iPhone fans if we help to make it one. Most people that visit this forum probably think it is dead ?well, it kind of is? and only we can change that. The more active the forum is, the more likely it will be to attract new users. As the new users compound on one another, it will start to gain the needed momentum to help make this a "go-to" iPhone forum.

If not just to help them, think about it selfishly. More users and traffic generates more coin for those that run the site. More coin helps them run the site better, and keeps them motivated to continue with their on-point blogging. More coin and more traffic could also mean more contests! Eh.. Eh.. Nudge.. Nudge... More chances to WIN stuff!

Ok... that last paragraph was me speaking out of my @$$ on something I have no place to speak on, but it could be true!

Anyway, let's make this forum POP people! I don't want to have to call Jobsie over to throw one of his tantrums now...

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
I try to comment on a lot of stories, but no one reposts, so I understand where you are coming from. I think there definitely should be some more activity.

patcom8

Jun 5, 2008
Visit site
funny that you should say that... On the 9th a bunch of co-workers and i were sitting aroudn the office doing the usual, and we were all trying to get updates on the iphone, and what was going on that day. Of course i was on our wonderful iphone blog shooting out topics in the forum and getting feedback, but none of my co-workers had even heard of the website, let alone the forum. i probably introduced 15 people the website that day. If you can have a conversation about the iphoen with someone, likely they are interested enough to want to read about the iphone on a somewhat regular basis. POINT THEM HERE! its great to hear new things, and its great to get peoples ideas and thoughts about what else... THE IPHONE. I think we could make this place into a big hit if we wanted to. if the staff keeeps doin what their doin and we talk to someone and point them in the websites direction then we're doin the right thing too. WOOO... nice long post to match Crazetoon haha

IrishJK09

May 30, 2008
Visit site
I have every intention of pushing the TiPb to all those I run across with iPhones. Those I manage to spark a conversation with anyway.

I have taken some initiative though. The last time I was in the Apple store, I loaded TiPb on all of their iPhones and opened a second window for the forum, lol.

Probably won't do much, but you never know.

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
A little promotion here and there never hurt anyone. I usually see about 6 active members at any given time, highest I have seen I think was 13 people on.

burnsaa

Oct 26, 2006
Visit site
Well I will have to say that the contest that they are currently running has totally improved the forums. Before they were running it there really werent that many posts so i would have to say to everyone good job and keep spreading the word and thanks tipb for giving the community the jump start it needed. It used to be I would check the forum every once in a while but it was pretty much dead. I had always enjoyed the blog and checked in on it at least twice a day for probably the last year but now that the forums are where they are its nice to be able to check in more often. Now if we can only keep it that way and make it better.:D

HymerSchmidt

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
I'm trying CrazEtoon, I'm trying. But getting laid, consistently at least, is a lot of work for a nerd like me, so time is p$#@%. Forums really don't increase my chances of that.

But I guess when I do cool stuff with shiny, new gadgets it might help! Long live the TiPb! (And drunk women!)

IrishJK09

May 30, 2008
Visit site
I'm trying CrazEtoon, I'm trying. But getting laid, consistently at least, is a lot of work for a nerd like me, so time is p$#@%. Forums really don't increase my chances of that.

But I guess when I do cool stuff with shiny, new gadgets it might help! Long live the TiPb! (And drunk women!)

LMAO.

Best thing I have read in quite a few days around here. Don't get married and have a kid by the way. If you think it's bad now....

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2