Lost iPhone

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
just wondering if anyone knew how to find a lost iphone. i lost mine awhile ago and since have not been able to find it. i need it badly. :(
That sucks. I have no idea how to track down a lost cell phone. I know AT&T can find them but I highly doubt they will be willing to go out of their way.

volsfan0911

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
Although not guaranteed to locate lost items by any stretch, I have StuffBak labels on everything since I travel frequently on business. Keys, luggage, laptop, cell phone, USB drives, etc. They claim a 75% return rate on lost items and the labels/tags proclaim "REWARD" along with their 800 number, website and owner number (keeps both parties anonymous). Makes it very simple for people to be good samaritans when then find lost items. As my Blackberry is my lifeline and brain when traveling, I literally keep it in my holster or in my hand all the time. stuffbak.com for the website.

HymerSchmidt

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
Get a metal detector? Get a silicon-sniffing bloodhound? Burn your house down(hey, I've heard iPhones are resilient), then recover it amidst the wreckage? Literally move everything in your house outside? (I've found a lot of stuff when moving.) Hire some migrant workers to find it? Hire some crackheads? (Warning: might require crack for incentive.)

All good suggestions.

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
Somehow I don't think burning your house down to find your lost phone seems practical. How are you going to explain that to the police? I do like the idea of the silicon-sniffing bloodhound. Dogs can be trained to sniff out anything, so why the heck not.

thunder#IM

Oct 22, 2008
Visit site
Lost my Love (Iphone)

hell-o guyz....lost my iphone today wen i was traveling by bus...n trust me guyz it hurts a lot.....if it would have been a normal phone i would have cared a **** about it...but only because it was an iphone there's a fire in my ass...but it jus took me an hour to come over it...m going tomorrow to the apple store and buying a new iphone.....who says money cannot buy love...m gonna buy my love tomorrow.....my iphone.....chill out guyz who hav lost your iphone....its something that money can buy n time can heal.....iphone is waiting for u guyz go get it.........

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
hell-o guyz....lost my iphone today wen i was traveling by bus...n trust me guyz it hurts a lot.....if it would have been a normal phone i would have cared a **** about it...but only because it was an iphone there's a fire in my ass...but it jus took me an hour to come over it...m going tomorrow to the apple store and buying a new iphone.....who says money cannot buy love...m gonna buy my love tomorrow.....my iphone.....chill out guyz who hav lost your iphone....its something that money can buy n time can heal.....iphone is waiting for u guyz go get it.........

? hmmm...

rafayj

Oct 26, 2008
Visit site
Try reporting to the police. Maybe it would be your luck and they might be able to track. Like in our country we have CPLC which tracks the lost phones and finds them using the IMEI number.

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site

True but.....all your information is on there and contacts and so forth. The person who finds its can see it all. That would not roll well with me. For that reason I passcode it but I don't use the erase feature. I mean I use facebook on it and that person could control and see everything and so forth.