Me: I'll cop to switching back and forth, but the last phone was a MotoQ9h.

What I miss: physical keyboard (yeah...)
    What I don't miss: The spinning beachball of death.

You?
    06-13-2008 04:27 PM
    Probably more than you want to hear, but...

Verizon:
    Moto Q
    BlackBerry 8703e
    BlackBerry 8830
    BlackBerry 8703e

Alltel:
    Palm 700wx
    Palm 700p

At&t:
    iPhone
    BlackBerry Curve
    iPhone
    At&t Tilt
    BlackBerry Curve

I will spare you the stories of why each switch was made, but here's to hoping the 3G iPhone will finally be the one to last.
    06-13-2008 04:49 PM
    Kyocera. my old phone was so bad, you could have probably found it in a garbage can. going from that to iPhone, was huge(and great) leap for me.
    06-13-2008 05:06 PM
    My old phone to be on July 11th is a Treo 700wx. I have to reboot it atleast once a day. There are days when I want to throw it against a concrete wall!!
    06-13-2008 06:05 PM
    Probably more than you want to hear, but...

Verizon:
    Moto Q
    BlackBerry 8703e
    BlackBerry 8830
    BlackBerry 8703e

Alltel:
    Palm 700wx
    Palm 700p

At&t:
    iPhone
    BlackBerry Curve
    iPhone
    At&t Tilt
    BlackBerry Curve

I will spare you the stories of why each switch was made, but here's to hoping the 3G iPhone will finally be the one to last.
    Could you briefly describe why you switched twice from iPhone to another phone? Was it functionality or something else?
    06-13-2008 06:07 PM
    Could you briefly describe why you switched twice from iPhone to another phone? Was it functionality or something else?
    Seriously? Alright....

Verizon:
    Moto Q= I had the ORIGINAL Q... That should about sum it up.

BlackBerry 8703e= The 8830 came out, and I liked it, so I gave it a shot.

BlackBerry 8830= Hated the keyboard and the slick feel of the side rails.

BlackBerry 8703e= I was pushed over the edge by Verizon customer support and canceled my contract on the spot.

Alltel:
    Palm 700wx= I just wanted to try the Palm OS, lol...

Palm 700p= First, the iPhone was released. Second, it was the worst and buggiest phone I have ever used.

At&t:
    iPhone= On the day my son was born, I dropped it from ear height in all the confusion and it landed on the camera corner. The phone worked fine, but the camera got screwed, so I claimed it was defective and did a warranty return. Since I did a warranty return, it didn't count as the 1 return I was allowed in a 30 day period, so I got a BlackBerry Curve out of curiosity because I had like my older Berrys.

BlackBerry Curve= I decided I missed the iPhone, so I used my "didn't like it" return to get the iPhone again.

iPhone= I had this one for about 6 months, and I didn't want to get rid of it, but I kind of had to. Work stuff... I also figured the 3G would be out before too long, so I sold it on Craigslist, which I have regretted every day since.

At&t Tilt= I actually bought this thing retail for almost $600 because I wanted to test out its limits. I dug it for awhile, but once my hacker sensations died out, I shelved it...

BlackBerry Curve= This was the phone I actually got when I replaced my 2nd iPhone. The work reasons thing... So yes, I actually had the Tilt and this Curve at the same period in time. I used to swap my SIM between them on the weekends when I didn't need the Berry for work stuff. That is until I sold the Tilt...

Now I am just using the Berry with mixed emotions, and am eagerly awaiting the 3G iPhone to release.

I am also a glutton for technology. I haven't spent all that much out of pocket money on all these things though, due to reselling and usually managing to get a good return.
    ______
    EDIT: I misread what you were asking the first time, hence the life story... I typed it though, so damn if I am going to delete it all! LOL.
    Last edited by CrazEtooN; 06-13-2008 at 06:33 PM.
    06-13-2008 06:23 PM
    Seriously? Alright....

Verizon:
    Moto Q= I had the ORIGINAL Q... That should about sum it up.

BlackBerry 8703e= The 8830 came out, and I liked it, so I gave it a shot.

BlackBerry 8830= Hated the keyboard and the slick feel of the side rails.

BlackBerry 8703e= I was pushed over the edge by Verizon customer support and canceled my contract on the spot.

Alltel:
    Palm 700wx= I just wanted to try the Palm OS, lol...

Palm 700p= First, the iPhone was released. Second, it was the worst and buggiest phone I have ever used.

At&t:
    iPhone= On the day my son was born, I dropped it from ear height in all the confusion and it landed on the camera corner. The phone worked fine, but the camera got screwed, so I claimed it was defective and did a warranty return. Since I did a warranty return, it didn't count as the 1 return I was allowed in a 30 day period, so I got a BlackBerry Curve out of curiosity because I had like my older Berrys.

BlackBerry Curve= I decided I missed the iPhone, so I used my "didn't like it" return to get the iPhone again.

iPhone= I had this one for about 6 months, and I didn't want to get rid of it, but I kind of had to. Work stuff... I also figured the 3G would be out before too long, so I sold it on Craigslist, which I have regretted every day since.

At&t Tilt= I actually bought this thing retail for almost $600 because I wanted to test out its limits. I dug it for awhile, but once my hacker sensations died out, I shelved it...

BlackBerry Curve= This was the phone I actually got when I replaced my 2nd iPhone. The work reasons thing... So yes, I actually had the Tilt and this Curve at the same period in time. I used to swap my SIM between them on the weekends when I didn't need the Berry for work stuff. That is until I sold the Tilt...

Now I am just using the Berry with mixed emotions, and am eagerly awaiting the 3G iPhone to release.

I am also a glutton for technology. I haven't spent all that much out of pocket money on all these things though, due to reselling and usually managing to get a good return.
    ______
    EDIT: I misread what you were asking the first time, hence the life story... I typed it though, so damn if I am going to delete it all! LOL.
    Thanks, i was just curious since, I will be buying my first iPhone, but if for some reason I didn't get the iPhone, my next choice would be a Blackberry.
    06-13-2008 07:06 PM
    My phone right now is the LG enV on Verizon. Hopefully paying my ETF and getting an iPhone 3G.
    06-13-2008 08:36 PM
    The iPhone is my first smartphone. My previous phones were all Motorolas. I had the V400, V551 (my favorite of the ones I had before the iPhone), and the RAZR.
    06-13-2008 08:49 PM
    Samsung A900 on Sprint
    Toshiba VM-4050 (one of the first phones with a 240 x 320 screen)
    Last edited by Galley; 06-14-2008 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Remembered the model number of the Toshiba
    06-13-2008 09:14 PM
    I had a Nokia 6682, then a Nokia N81. Nokia is really falling behind in the innovation arena if you ask me. It was time move on to Apple.
    06-13-2008 10:06 PM
    Treo 750, got it the first day it came out. Got the iPhone thinking that I would switch back and forth but after using the iPhone I didn't do alot of switching.
    06-13-2008 11:36 PM
    blackberry pearl
    htc mogul
    blackberry curve
    sanyo
    nokia e61
    nokia e62
    06-14-2008 01:07 AM
    I was able to get the original Blackjack almost as soon as it came out, back in December, 2006. I still have it. I almost got iPhone#1, but decided I would wait for iPhone#2. I really LOVE the Blackjack. The keyboard is GREAT, which is what I will miss the most, but I am ready for a change. What I hate on the Blackjack is the web-browsing experience. I even tried Opera Mini, but is has nothing on mobile Safari. I will get iPhone#2, but I think that I will definitely miss the Blackjack.
    06-15-2008 12:06 PM
    Treo 270>Treo 600>i-Mate JAM>Treo 600>Treo 650>MDA Vario II>Treo 650>Nokia E61>iPhone>Nokia E61

Aspects of the iPhone were wonderful but it wasn't a good phone (lousy reception, at least on O2's 900 MHz band) and so I returned it. I was very pleased to see that Gizmodo noted improved reception on iPhone 3G:

I made a call with it, side by side with my 1st generation iPhone, and the reception is noticeably better as well. I can't even believe this is frigging AT&T anymore. I'd called Lisa and asked her if she noticed if it was clearer or not. She replied, "It's a lot better, but it's also better that you're actually calling me." A tough crowd.
    IPhone: 3G iPhone First Hands On
    06-15-2008 03:25 PM
    Reading all of these posts made me realize something. A lot of people have used other smartphones before. The original iPhone is my first smartphone, and I am very happy with it. I can't see myself using something else.
    06-15-2008 07:43 PM
    because I plan to buy my first iPhone in this next month, I could say that the phone I'm using now, before the iPhone, is a Motorola V1075. kind of old, I know
    06-21-2008 05:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD