Apple let me down a bit....Maybe its me though

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
I guess, its my own fault that I let all the hype get me thinking like crazy.
But, I was really looking forward to have some Apple installed updates and goodies. Not to say that the 3G and GPS are not super cool and great. I was really looking forward to:
1. Copy and Paste
2. A2dp
3. MMS
In order of importance.

I hope at least, copy and paste is right around the corner. A2DP I can use adapter for, a bit annoying, but possible and MMS is being developed by someone I am sure (maybe that is the reason for the switch to the 'normal' plans).

I was just hoping the above where release and blessed by Apple.:(

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
I'm not expect copy and paste anytime soon. There are other ways of sharing information on the iPhone and I think Apple wants use to do it that way. I was hoping for MMS... maybe another software update.

caseychan

Feb 27, 2008
Visit site
There was an unbelievable amount of hype, due to the initial iPhone's success and Apple's mystique as a company, the rumors were crazy!

I personally think that the iPhone 3G couldn't possibly meet expectations and Apple knew this, thus bringing it out at an AMAZING price point. I mean, a $200 phone should theoretically be free from criticism that plagues 'high-priced' phones right?

I'm just wondering what the $199 price will do to the rest of the iPod lineup AND the iPhone's future. They can't possibly raise the price for iPhones in the future, right?

inertialnav

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I think what they have done is introduce the low end iPhone. The next iPhone update may have many, many more features and cost upwards of $500. This iPhone will be for everyone that doesn't need these features.

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
I think what they have done is introduce the low end iPhone. The next iPhone update may have many, many more features and cost upwards of $500. This iPhone will be for everyone that doesn't need these features.
Are by many many features do you mean like better camera, video conferencing? Maybe this will be targeted at business professionals since Apple is trying to penetrate the business sector.

patcom8

Jun 5, 2008
Visit site
Are by many many features do you mean like better camera, video conferencing? Maybe this will be targeted at business professionals since Apple is trying to penetrate the business sector.

I really hope that your wrong here. I mean i def see where your coming from and it is very possible, but how is someone to know that a new new 3G iphone will be released. I would personally make to upgrade for the more advanced product but i hope that they dont rip the rug out from under us and announce a new phone, leaving eveyone who already purchased the 3G iphone in the dust.

HymerSchmidt

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
I came away mighty disappointed in the keynote. It seemed to me that Apple is taking a year off, cheapening its product and not pursuing cutting edge hardware, because it wants market penetration it can capitalize on later. Low-end products are great and all, but I remember Steve saying, "we want to offer the best products we can," not: "we want to make 1G tech affordable."

Maybe I'm a cynic. Maybe I got my hopes up. Maybe Apple deserves more credit than I am giving it, but the keynote had me saying one huge "WTF?!?!" I have to wait another year to get better than 2002 camera hardware, and another year to get more storage, another year to get video and video-conferencing, haptic feedback, copy-and-paste(!), A2DP, and whatever other tech was foregone this year. The only revolution this product is starting is one of disappointment.

I will DEFINITELY still be getting one, and I DEFINITELY still want one, but I am less motivated now; less excited. It feels like some Nokia 438637tRS2323 product introduction. Next thing you know, they will stick with Penryn when Intel's Nahelem line comes out, and NEVER upgrade its 3 year-old displays.

The economy does suck, and overall, this move is going to prove great for shareholders in the following years, but I can't get the taste of d*ck out of my mouth. Can someone out there mod this cheap ass phone to something better please? Great software, future potential, and relatively mediocre hardware isn't enough for me.

volsfan0911

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
I agree with a lot of your post. I don't know if I'm crazy about haptic feedback on the keyboard and could care less about wireless stereo but a lot of people do and it certainly would be within Apple's capability to do so. A lot of ball dropping and AT&T really greased everyone up on the back door price increase. And, despite Apple's professed desire to penetrate the corporate market, I got news for them. As one of those Blackberry schleping corporate market types they're going after, they really screwed the pooch with no cut & paste along with no voice dialing IMHO. MMS? ehhh - not a huge deal to me personally. The first two? Oh hell yes. $0.02.

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
couldn't someone easily develop a copy paste app? That was a huge disappointment for me too, I NEED copy paste on it
Why do you NEED copy and paste. I'm sure there were like two or three instances where I wanted to use that feature, but I can't imagine how important it is to people that it would be a deal breaker.

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
Few ways to scoot around cut and paste would be to allow message forwarding in the sms app and maybe the same option in the Notes area. Sometimes I need to move notes to the calendar.

On a daily basis, I might find frustration a bit because I can't cut and paste.

A2DP is nice to kill the cord on my headphones. I get sick of ordering headphones online. Vmoda and Maximo build quality is horrid. i am on my 3rd pair of each. Right side of headphones keep dying. Plus I was hoping Apple would release a nice pair of BT stereo headphones. Anything from Apple just seems to work so well.

Voice calling is nice, but I'm sure some developer already is workin on that.

Overall I got the 2 of the 3 major things I wanted. 3G and aGPS. Didn't get Cut and Paste though.

I hope Cut and Paste and A2DP will be in the next release.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2