$199 for 8GB and $299 for 16GB... are you going to buy?

$199 for 8GB and $299 for 16GB... are you going to buy?

• YES

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • NO

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters

inertialnav

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
The 3G will mostly boost sales in the European markets.

The $199 price will send sales through the roof here in N. America. If I lived in a 3G coverage area I would go ahead and make the switch, but it doesn't seem prudent to do it now.

cmaier

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
You are wrong. There are several kinds of a-GPS, but essentially all of them augment true GPS (the look at the satellites kind) with info provided over the cell network. This makes them work better indoors, etc.

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
The 3G will mostly boost sales in the European markets.

The $199 price will send sales through the roof here in N. America. If I lived in a 3G coverage area I would go ahead and make the switch, but it doesn't seem prudent to do it now.
Oh yeah no doubt the price tag will tremendously improve sales. Americans are more conscious of prices.

WatersWest

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
Afther TiPb announces me as the winner of the contest, I won't have to buy one.:) In the event I don't happen to win, then yes, I'm going to buy one. I'm glad I took back that iPod Touch my wife bought me for xmas and held out for this date...

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
Oh yeah, sucks for the iPod Touch owners who always have to shell out for software updates. And does it make calls? Absolutely not. Good call taking it back.

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
Just to dispel any lingering doubts this is from the relevant iPhone 3G web page:

How it works.
GPS (Global Positioning System) technology uses information from earth-orbiting satellites to find locations. A receiver estimates the distance to GPS satellites based on the time it takes for signals to reach it, then uses that information to calculate locations. But the A-GPS (Assisted GPS) system on iPhone goes one step further, using information from mobile networks to find the closest satellites more quickly. That gives you a faster fix on your location than with regular GPS.
https://www.apple.com/uk/iphone/#mn_p

volsfan0911

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
I was at the Apple store earlier hoping they were going to release today. Given the price point and 3G and ActiveSync for business use? Yes, will be in line July 11th (sigh). Mit $300 in hand. :rolleyes:

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
I was at the Apple store earlier hoping they were going to release today. Given the price point and 3G and ActiveSync for business use? Yes, will be in line July 11th (sigh). Mit $300 in hand. :rolleyes:
LOL bring a credit card instead, or a gift card. Apple might not let you pay cash for it, haha.

kevinbell

Jun 9, 2008
Visit site
I only pay $20/month for unlimited data (MediaMax) with my Treo 750 (3G). Not sure if I should "only" be paying that or the higher Data plans... I'm not going to ask. An extra $10 isn't bad but then double that because I'm sure my wife will want to upgrade as well.

Hypemaster = Apple

IrishJK09

May 30, 2008
Visit site
I only pay $20/month for unlimited data (MediaMax) with my Treo 750 (3G). Not sure if I should "only" be paying that or the higher Data plans... I'm not going to ask. An extra $10 isn't bad but then double that because I'm sure my wife will want to upgrade as well.

Hypemaster = Apple

You are getting something you aren't supposed to. Don't say anything to At&t and you will probably be ok, but you should be paying $30.

bripat22

Jun 8, 2008
Visit site
I will wait to hear the reviews and info about glitches and bugs but if all is ok, I will kick my Curve to the curb and become an Apple Drone quite happily :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2