View Poll Results: $199 for 8GB and $299 for 16GB... are you going to buy?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

14 77.78%
  • NO

4 22.22%
    I havent read anywhere that it will be released here on the 11th as weel.

Last I heard it would be christmas time.
    From this very site:

http://www.theiphoneblog.com/2008/06...-70-countries/

Any pricing info as to the canadian release on the 11th?
    No idea. Might I suggest Google?

EDIT. Alternatively, try this thread:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=496644
    Last edited by marcol; 06-10-2008 at 10:08 AM.
    06-10-2008 10:01 AM
    Thanks. I guess i needed to read more.

Seems that the pricing will be the same BUT I will need to sign a 3 year deal. As I have been with Rogers for more then 10 years......this isnt much of an issue, other then I hate signing contracts.
    06-10-2008 10:09 AM
    Is three years normal? Seems like a very long time.
    06-10-2008 10:12 AM
    It's Canada. Any time in Canada seems like a very long time.

I kid. Rush rules. But that Celine Dion needs to go.
    06-10-2008 10:14 AM
    I had a Canadian girlfriend once - was with her about six months - it did seem like longer.
    06-10-2008 10:19 AM
    Now now boys, just cause our canadian content music wise is horrible!!!! doesnt mean everything is!

Sadly yes, three years is the norm for new gadget releases at Rogers. Im not sure of other networks, but last i read the second largest cel company Bell isnt even GSM yet! I could be wrong but as of last year they were still well behind.

And for the record Canadian chicks are great. Much better then the over weight white trash ladies from the deep south!!!!!! But the ladies I have scene in Cali are also top notch.

Dont even start me on the ladies from the UK.......ummmmm no!
    06-10-2008 10:29 AM
    OK, I probably shouldn't haven't have mentioned the girlfriend thing and I think we should drop this topic.

Back to phones. I vaguely recall reading somewhere (Rene on this site?) that Rogers are the only GSM carrier in Canada. If that's the case you pretty much might as well go with them and sign the contract, no?
    06-10-2008 10:46 AM
    sorry....was all in good fun.

and yes. We sadly are WAY behind the states on this as there are only a few carriers in canada. Sadly that keeps are plans really expensive. Ive been a BB user for 3 years so used to paying around $150 per month.

Rogers is really the only option IMO for proper cel service.
    06-10-2008 10:53 AM
    From that thread at MacRumors I linked above it seems not much is known yet, so I wouldn't give up hope that there might be decent deals. Surprisingly, O2 in the UK managed to put a pretty good set of packages together for the new iPhone (much better than for the first iPhone) so perhaps there's hope yet for Rogers?
    06-10-2008 11:28 AM
    lots of rumors i have read this morning about affordable "unlimited" data plans.

People are throwing figures of $7 and $10 around but that makes simply no sense as my basic plan for my BB is $40 for just data.

One month to go and we shall all see.

Are all the reading in the last week it seems that I will def switch over from the black berry side and give this iPhone a shot.
    06-10-2008 11:55 AM
    Oh yeah, sucks for the iPod Touch owners who always have to shell out for software updates. And does it make calls? Absolutely not. Good call taking it back.
    I do not own a touch but think to be clear about where iTouch owners stand Jobs should invite one up for the next keynote, have them sit (or stand) on stage as he talks about all the new whiz-bang software updates for the iphone and then walk over to the iTouch owner and kick him/her in the crotch. He's done this twice already, why?
    06-10-2008 01:21 PM
    I do not own a touch but think to be clear about where iTouch owners stand Jobs should invite one up for the next keynote, have them sit (or stand) on stage as he talks about all the new whiz-bang software updates for the iphone and then walk over to the iTouch owner and kick him/her in the crotch. He's done this twice already, why?
    Something about the way they account for revenues on the devices. Since the iPod Touch is a one time revenue stream (based solely on unit sold), Apple needs a way of accounting for the distribution of the software. The iPhone is continuous in revenue generation because of the money paid to them by carriers. This debacle happened with their routers when they released software for $1.99 to upgrade them to 802.11n speed.
    06-10-2008 01:46 PM
    Is there really a 32GB or is that just a rumor?
    06-10-2008 02:05 PM
    Rumor so far. But I bet for the refresh of the iPhone 3G there will be increased capacity. Probably 199 for 16 GB and 299 for 32 GB.
    06-10-2008 08:35 PM
    I really would like 32GB. How about $399?
    06-10-2008 08:50 PM
    I really would like 32GB. How about $399?
    Maybe. But then it will mean Apple will have three levels of iPhones (8, 16, and 32). This is uncharacteristic of them. If you look at the iPods, for each model, they only have two different memory capacities, not three. Do I don't think they will add a third capacity choice.
    06-10-2008 08:52 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD