$199 for 8GB and $299 for 16GB... are you going to buy?

$199 for 8GB and $299 for 16GB... are you going to buy?

• YES

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • NO

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters

IrishJK09

May 30, 2008
Visit site
I will wait to hear the reviews and info about glitches and bugs but if all is ok, I will kick my Curve to the curb and become an Apple Drone quite happily :)

They really aren't changing much outside of hardware. I doubt there will be much more in the glitches and bugs department than there currently is.

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
I've decided not to purchase the new iPhone. After paying an extra $10 per month for the 3G plan and paying $199 for the phone, it comes out to $439 for the 8GB iPhone. It is not substantial enough of an upgrade for me to pony up the cash.

harley911

Jun 9, 2008
Visit site
for us canadians, hoping to drive down to the states to get it.....any ideas if we will have to pay a dif price as we wont be doing an activation? I didnt buy the last gen one so Im unlsure.

Or does apple let you walk in, drop your $299 and walk out?

cmaier

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
with the old phone you could buy and activate at home. with the new phone you must activate in-store. they changed because apple hates canadians.

harley911

Jun 9, 2008
Visit site
now thats funny. Seems like it may be the case, but still funny.

Complete BS. I was sure they would have to offer one at a higher rate and no contract.

Im not pleased. Soooooooooo for all you smart people, how do I get a working one in Canada?

cmaier

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
That's what Apple is expecting him to do. Never do what they expect.

I wonder what SMS will cost? will the $30 plan include 200 SMS? (In other words, did they actually raise the prices by $10, or just eliminate the lowest cost data plan).

harley911

Jun 9, 2008
Visit site
I havent read anywhere that it will be released here on the 11th as weel.

Last I heard it would be christmas time. Any pricing info as to the canadian release on the 11th?

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
Last edited:

harley911

Jun 9, 2008
Visit site
Thanks. I guess i needed to read more.

Seems that the pricing will be the same BUT I will need to sign a 3 year deal. As I have been with Rogers for more then 10 years......this isnt much of an issue, other then I hate signing contracts.

harley911

Jun 9, 2008
Visit site
Now now boys, just cause our canadian content music wise is horrible!!!! doesnt mean everything is!

Sadly yes, three years is the norm for new gadget releases at Rogers. Im not sure of other networks, but last i read the second largest cel company Bell isnt even GSM yet! I could be wrong but as of last year they were still well behind.

And for the record Canadian chicks are great. Much better then the over weight white trash ladies from the deep south!!!!!! But the ladies I have scene in Cali are also top notch.

Dont even start me on the ladies from the UK.......ummmmm no!

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
OK, I probably shouldn't haven't have mentioned the girlfriend thing and I think we should drop this topic.

Back to phones. I vaguely recall reading somewhere (Rene on this site?) that Rogers are the only GSM carrier in Canada. If that's the case you pretty much might as well go with them and sign the contract, no?

harley911

Jun 9, 2008
Visit site
sorry....was all in good fun.

and yes. We sadly are WAY behind the states on this as there are only a few carriers in canada. Sadly that keeps are plans really expensive. Ive been a BB user for 3 years so used to paying around $150 per month.

Rogers is really the only option IMO for proper cel service.

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
From that thread at MacRumors I linked above it seems not much is known yet, so I wouldn't give up hope that there might be decent deals. Surprisingly, O2 in the UK managed to put a pretty good set of packages together for the new iPhone (much better than for the first iPhone) so perhaps there's hope yet for Rogers?

harley911

Jun 9, 2008
Visit site
lots of rumors i have read this morning about affordable "unlimited" data plans.

People are throwing figures of $7 and $10 around but that makes simply no sense as my basic plan for my BB is $40 for just data.

One month to go and we shall all see.

Are all the reading in the last week it seems that I will def switch over from the black berry side and give this iPhone a shot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox