How much are you willing to pay for iPhone Apps?

How much are you willing to pay for iPhone Apps?

• $0

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $1.99 - $3.99

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • $4 - $5.99

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • $6 - $7.99

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • > $7.99

Votes: 10 62.5%

• Total voters

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
Let's see what everyone thinks. I personally would want to pay anywhere between $3 - $6. Super Monkey Ball is debuting at $9.99, seems a bit pricey for me, especially since it is a hand-held app.

Last edited:

isitnyu

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
alot of these apps being presented are 10 dollars for games, and many of them are free. i am not willing to spend more than 5 for a game... it just simply doesnt make any sense, will a game really entertain me on my phone after 10 dollars?

nsquared

May 31, 2008
Visit site
I think they should price them just like the iPod games currently available on iTunes. I doesn't seem right that they would want to have such different price sets for games on each of their handheld platforms (iPod $4.99 vs iPhone $9.99). They should make them both the same, I say...

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
Yeah I can't justify $10 for that, seems really pricey. MAYBE if I found a game I really really like. We'll see what else is available.

HymerSchmidt

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
洒水车价格|洒水车报价-东风专用特种汽车改装厂东风小霸王洒水车 1.5 3-4 6.3-7.3 平头单排,云内/朝柴95马力,3.8米厢...东风EQ145平头洒水车 5.0 11-12 14.5-15.5 平头带卧,康明斯发动机160马力,4.8米厢 8 东风EQ145平头洒水车...洒水车价格 - 湖北程力专用汽车有限公司国际贸易部东风1230前四后八绿化洒水车 25-30T 32.6 多功能,平头带卧,...东风140消防洒水车 5-6T 16.8 采用消防车的消防取力器,消防泵,消防炮,兼具洒水和消防车功能,消防射程可达50米...洒水车配件|洒水车零件-东风专用特种汽车改装厂洒水车配件使用不同,使得洒水车价格有所 浮动;立即拔打销售热线:...洒水车配件 吸粪车配件 吸污车配件 垃圾车配件 清障车配件 冷藏车配件 喷药车配件 自卸车配件 随车吊配件 教练车配件...湖北程力专用汽车有限公司 洒水车 垃圾车 绿化车 油罐车 加油车运...程力系列洒水车主要用于大中小型城市路面冲洗,树木、洒水车绿化带、草坪绿化,道路、厂矿企业施工建设,高空建筑冲洗。...洒水车也可做喷药车使用,但是专业喷药车用户请告知湖北程力汽车公司,进行专业的喷药防腐处理...首页-产品展示|湖北东风专用改装车有限公司园林绿化洒水车 环卫垃圾车系列 吸粪、吸污车 油罐车 消防车 散装水泥运输车 混凝土搅拌车 化工液体运输车 液化气体运输车...东风EQ1126GJI散装水泥运输车 东风EQ153散装水泥运输车...洒水车_江南专用特种汽车改装厂洒水车 洒水车概述:由专用汽车底盘、进出水系统和罐体构成。 根据不同的使用环境和目的有多种洒水和运水功能。...洒水车、东风多利卡洒水车、140洒水车、东风145洒水车、153洒水车、双桥洒水车等。...洒水车|东风专用汽车(制造厂)有限公司东风153洒水车 名称: 东风1208双桥洒水车 名称: 东风1290前四后八洒水车 名称: 东风小霸王吸粪洒水货运三用车...高空作业带洒水多功能洒水车 名称: 东风153工程绿化洒水车 名称: 东风140带吸粪多功能洒水车...中国东风程力汽车公司_东风153工程绿化洒水车(高速专用)_国内...洒水车也可做喷药车使用,但是专业喷药车用户请告知湖北程力汽车公司,进行专业的喷药防腐处理...对洒水车有特殊要求的用户请提前告知,程力公司可为用户提供加装各种附件的工作, 如加装药盘、气动阀、...洒水车价格_湖北程力专用汽车有限公司东风1290前四后八绿化洒水车 25-30T 32.6 多功能,平头带卧,康明斯加强型230PS,前四后八 二、喷药车(喷药洒水多功能车)...三、多功能消防洒水车 17 东风140消防洒水车 5-6T 16.8...洒水车|产品|全方位图片|参数|江南东风专用特种汽车有限公司洒水车 概述:由汽车底盘、进出水系统和罐体构成。 根据不同的使用环境和目的有多种喷洒和运水功能。 分类:东风洒水车、平头洒水车、尖头洒水车、随车吊洒水车、绿化洒水车、街道洒水车、多功能洒水车。...

QUE EL INFIERNO?

HymerSchmidt

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
I would gladly pay over $20 for an app; it all depends on what it does. What I'm really excited for is using the iPhone as a Universal Remote. If I could replace our Harmony remote(which ultimately lacks bluetooth support) with an app, that would be great. I'd probably be willing to pay $40 for such an app.

I realize it would need additional hardware stored somewhere and accessed remotely -- like a wifi controlled IR/RF/bluetooth device -- but it would be cool. Some has to be working on this somewhere... over. the. rainbow.

IrishJK09

May 30, 2008
Visit site
It depends on the app. I would —and have— pay $20-$30 for certain apps if they are worth it.

How can you complain about handheld gaming quality games for $10? We aren't talking simple iPod games, we are talking about games that rival Nintendo DS games in playability and graphics. Your average, new, Nintendo DS game costs $29-$34, and you are complaining about $10? Just look at other mobile games for a point of reference. Simplistic things like chess and poker selling for $10 all day long...

I am not trying to "berate" anyone, but I think you guys need to put these things into the perspective of what you are getting for that $10 as it compares to what those $5 iPhone games brought you.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
alot of these apps being presented are 10 dollars for games, and many of them are free. i am not willing to spend more than 5 for a game... it just simply doesnt make any sense, will a game really entertain me on my phone after 10 dollars?
Give me a break. Games are among the most expensive and lucrative of all software. Kids think nothing of spending $50- (of other people's money) for a game for a handheld (e.g. Nintendo DS-Lite or Playstation Portable).

My favorite game is solitaire. I have a dozen versions, all free. However, I am not the market and neither are you.

Last edited:

IrishJK09

May 30, 2008
Visit site
Give me a break. Games are among the most expensive and lucrative of all software. Kids think nothing of spending $50- (of other people's money) for a game. My favorite game is solitaire. I have a dozen versions, all free. However, I am not the market and neither are you.

The market is anyone that is willing to play the game. I am 27 years old, married, and have an 8 month old son, yet I still play video games. I have all three of the new systems, I have both portables, and I will still buy the iPhone games. I am definitely not a kid spending other peoples money, but I enjoy games.

Like I said, $10 for a DS/PSP quality game is not a big deal to me, and is actually a very good value when you consider how much they cost on the DS or PSP. I won't spend $10 on a Solitaire game, but I will on something like Super Monkey Ball.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
The market is anyone that is willing to play the game. I am 27 years old, married, and have an 8 month old son, yet I still play video games. I have all three of the new systems, I have both portables, and I will still buy the iPhone games. I am definitely not a kid spending other peoples money, but I enjoy games.

Like I said, $10 for a DS/PSP quality game is not a big deal to me, and is actually a very good value when you consider how much they cost on the DS or PSP. I won't spend $10 on a Solitaire game, but I will on something like Super Monkey Ball.
Super Monkey Ball on the PSP is $18-. I can see three reasons for selling a game for less on the iPhone than on the PSP. One would would be that there were more iPhones than PSPs. Two, distribution through the iTunes store is more efficient. Three, the game does not play as well on the iPhone as on the PSP.

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
I will pay whatever the rest of you will pay for TomTom and consider myself lucky if that is <$150.00.
According to the TomTom website, their map software to upgrade TomTom units is $100 for US and Canada maps. If this stays true, I think the iPhone software would cost about the same if not a little cheaper. This is only true if Apple allows navigation software.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
According to the TomTom website, their map software to upgrade TomTom units is $100 for US and Canada maps. If this stays true, I think the iPhone software would cost about the same if not a little cheaper. This is only true if Apple allows navigation software.
I think that is maps only; software is a little more.

caseychan

Feb 27, 2008
Visit site
i think games for 10 dollars is fair enough. It's not a lock to buy every game that it would be if it was 2-4 dollars, but I've paid 10 dollars for mobile games before and they were all pieces of junk.

10 dollars for a full-featured portable game? That's totally do-able. 10 dollars for solitaire? thats overpriced. I think the 10 dollar will be reserved for more advanced games.

Depending on the app, I'll be more than willing to pay good money to use a polished app. To me, its just worth it.

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
To answer the original question, I'd pay the ?107 (~$209) TomTom ask for their current software and Western European maps for the same on an iPhone. This is probably the only app I'd pay this much for though.

EDIT. I voted >$7.99 :)

Last edited:

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
i think games for 10 dollars is fair enough. It's not a lock to buy every game that it would be if it was 2-4 dollars, but I've paid 10 dollars for mobile games before and they were all pieces of junk.

10 dollars for a full-featured portable game? That's totally do-able. 10 dollars for solitaire? thats overpriced. I think the 10 dollar will be reserved for more advanced games.

Depending on the app, I'll be more than willing to pay good money to use a polished app. To me, its just worth it.
I must be missing something. I do not understand the expectation that games on the iPhone should be so much cheaper than on other handhelds. I understand that games are THE software for some people but games are also the most expensive software for all platforms.

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
To answer the original question, I'd pay the ?107 (~$209) TomTom ask for their current software and Western European maps for the same on an iPhone. This is probably the only app I'd pay this much for though.

EDIT. I voted >$7.99 :)
I don't think it will cost that much simply because their TomTom One units cost about that much. Releasing the software has to be cheaper than releasing it with the software and the physical GPS unit.

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
A lot depends on what maps you buy. Navigator 6 with the UK map is more than ?40 cheaper than with the full Western Europe map.

eugarps#CB

May 31, 2008
Visit site
QUE EL INFIERNO?

Is this a family site? ;) I'm kidding, of course!

If DataViz brought full MS Office functionality OR if Apple brought full iWork functionality to the iPhone, I'd be willing to pony-up a lot more than $8.00! I'd love to see iWorks and BT keyboard support!

My $0.02,

Bill

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods