When do you think the new iPhone will be available to purchase?

When does the new iPhone become available for purchase?

• Today silly! As soon as Jobs is done with his keynote.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not today, but on before June 19th.

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • After June 20th but before July 1st.

• After July 1st.

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Never! This whole 'new iphone' was just a ruse to get people to notice the Newton 2!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

carsly

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
So when do you think Apple will open up the top-secret packages and banners and make the new iPhone available for sale?

kevinbell

Jun 9, 2008
Visit site
What was with all the secret boxes being delivered and shelves being cleared to make roon if they phones are a month away? Just more hype from the Apple Marketing Department?

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
Electronista | iPhone 3G launch at 8AM?

A purportedly leaked memo supplied today to BGR suggests that the launch of the iPhone 3G at AT&T stores on July 11th will take place in the morning rather than Apple's recent preference for evening launches. Store managers are said to be expecting an 8AM launch rather than the 6PM launch for the original launch as well as some of the company's recent retail openings and its Leopard introduction.

It's unknown whether this time would apply to all of the US or the rest of world, or would change so that all regions are live at once.

The report is unconfirmed but may tie closely into the activation method for new iPhones, which must be activated in stores rather than at home and take between 10 to 15 minutes to be ready for use. The added time is widely understood to result in longer lineups and in an evening launch could potentially block customers at the back of the line from buying the phone before stores close.

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
next question... will this be available in ALL AT&T store at that time... i live within walking distance to the nearest AT&T branded store (not a multiple carrier store), and the local Apple store is going to have quite a line im sure...

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
I'd rather have the launch at 8AM (I'll be in line regardless, summer vacation ftw). There would be smaller lines too because it will be a work day and people would just pick one up after work.

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
I'd rather have the launch at 8AM (I'll be in line regardless, summer vacation ftw). There would be smaller lines too because it will be a work day and people would just pick one up after work.

Me too. I hate long lines. I will probably take the day off. I wish Apple and AT&T would hurry up and announce plans and launch time.

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
Me too. I hate long lines. I will probably take the day off. I wish Apple and AT&T would hurry up and announce plans and launch time.

I'll be waiting for my local mall to open either way.

One good thing about my mall is there's both an Apple Store and AT&T store. :D

EDIT:
I just realized my mall opens at 10AM, so this will be interesting.

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
I'll be waiting for my local mall to open either way.

One good thing about my mall is there's both an Apple Store and AT&T store. :D

EDIT:
I just realized my mall opens at 10AM, so this will be interesting.

My local mall also has an Apple Store and an AT&T store. You can see one or the other while standing in front of either of the stores. The stores normally open at 10am, but some may open earlier like sears and jcpenny. So I'm kind of weary of the 8am rumor. Although I wish it were true.

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
This works out great. 8am for the people who are on vacation, just to get them out of the way, and then probably later in the day for the people who just get off work.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2