What are your predictions?

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
Will the new iPhone be in stores on June 9th? Will it be available the week after the announcement? What new features do you think it will have? How much will it cost?

Post an entire list of how you think it will all go down on Monday!

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
Here are my predictions:
3G, software version 2.0, higher resolution camera, GPS, video recording, new casing.

Possible updates:
Video conferencing, MMS, cheaper model, copy-paste, wireless syncing.

8GB and 16GB models, $499 and $599 respectively.
Availability - starting over the weekend or early week after announcement.

IrishJK09

May 30, 2008
Visit site
My predictions?

1. Availability the day of, or the day after the announcement. (This is my personal wish because of the cash burning a hole in my wife's pocket.... My cash laying there and all she can do is talk about shoes...)

2. 8, 16, and 32 gig models starting from $399 full retail with a very possible subsidy.

3. If not a higher megapixel camera, at least one that is improved over the current model.

4. MMS, Cut and Paste, Stereo Bluetooth.

5. Obviously 3G.

6. Potentially a front camera.

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
Oh I hope it is available the day of announcement (this $900 in my wallet is on fire) but the whole AT&T employee memo to not take vacations between 6/15 and 7/12 leads me to believe it will take about a week for all the shipments to arrive at the Apple stores. But I think you'll be able to order online the 9th or 10th.

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
My predictions (99.9% sure):

1. Comes in different colors (black and red)
2. Capacity of 16 GB and 32 GB
3. Definitely 3G capable and GPS (90% sure on the GPS)
4. Some type of chat application
5. Thinner and shorter

Nick9283

Jun 3, 2008
Visit site
I believe after june 9th because there is no prep. I work in an att store and last year there was a big rush to get ready. this year its like any other phone. also no new hires have added nor new material came in.

caseychan

Feb 27, 2008
Visit site
Have you guys heard about AT&T running out of iPhones as well as the currently (for a long time) unavailable on Apple's web store?

This would point to immediate availability but then again Apple would have a tough time delivering to so many markets all at once? If it is immediate available, I would say in certain regions only. Flagship stores and big cities like NY, LA, SF, etc. and roll out in the following week?

nsquared

May 31, 2008
Visit site
My predictions and hopes:
1) 3G (of course)
2) please, please, please... 5MP still camera or larger
3) video recording
4) proper MMS
5) video conferencing
6) proper IM
7) please, please, please... cut and paste!
8) GPS
9) over-the-air sync

And I hope AT&T offers all of this for $200USD subsidized!

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
My predictions and hopes are:
1. 3G
2. video calling
3. MMS
4. SMS forwarding
5. iWork in some form
6. .mac syncing
7. GPS
8. iChat
9. 3mp camera
10. 16gb/32gb/64gb
11. A2DP and file sharing
12. Colors: White, Red, Black and Silver
10. Copy and Paste
11. OTA Apps from iTunes

Whew did I forget anything

cmaier

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
Your list has no credibility. You list four colors. Are you buying four phones? Or do you want all four colors on one phone?

We already know there will be OTA apps from the appstore and over the air syncing at least to exchange (and almost certainly to the new .mac).

There will be no copy and paste, no a2dp, no 64gb, no iwork, no sms forwarding, no mms, and no video calling.

Probably no ichat, either.

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
I don't think anyone has mentioned the screen resolution yet. I'm thinking full VGA, 640 x 480
640x480 would be nice, but I don't think this will be a reality. I don't have an explanation as to why I think this, but I just don't think it will happen, at least not on the upcoming iPhone.

cmaier

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
It's going to be exactly the same screen as the first generation. If it was going to change, they would have already given developers a heads up.

Ahambone

Jun 3, 2008
Visit site
My predictions?

1. Availability the day of, or the day after the announcement. (This is my personal wish because of the cash burning a hole in my wife's pocket.... My cash laying there and all she can do is talk about shoes...)

This, along with AT&T hitting me with a nice subsidy, are my biggest wishes of all for this thing!

IrishJK09

May 30, 2008
Visit site
It's going to be exactly the same screen as the first generation. If it was going to change, they would have already given developers a heads up.

This board is not a collective gathering of analysts. This is a user and fan board, and as such, the predictions are bound to contain wishes as well. In other words, you don't have to always be so negative and automatically tell people their ideas/hopes won't possibly happen.

Realistically? Yeah, I doubt the new iPhone will be a drastic departure from the current edition either. 3G is a given, GPS is likely, and everything past that is speculation. However, I can't see Apple not adding more than just 3G and GPS. Their months of silence has allowed the hype storm to reach category 5, and if they fail to deliver ANYTHING new and exciting, it could spell disaster for them.

Realistic thinking aside, what does it hurt to let people live in their hopes for one more day?

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
This board is not a collective gathering of analysts. This is a user and fan board, and as such, the predictions are bound to contain wishes as well. In other words, you don't have to always be so negative and automatically tell people their ideas/hopes won't possibly happen.

Realistically? Yeah, I doubt the new iPhone will be a drastic departure from the current edition either. 3G is a given, GPS is likely, and everything past that is speculation. However, I can't see Apple not adding more than just 3G and GPS. Their months of silence has allowed the hype storm to reach category 5, and if they fail to deliver ANYTHING new and exciting, it could spell disaster for them.

Realistic thinking aside, what does it hurt to let people live in their hopes for one more day?

But do you believe Apple won't deliver?

Apple's marketing team loves all this hype over a new product because they don't have to do a thing (or spend a dime on advertisements). They sit back and watch the blogs and forums light up.

They're a very smart company and that's why they've been getting more and more successful over the past years so I highly doubt that Apple will fall short of expectations. Sure they can't include what everyone wants, but time and time again they've pleased the masses.

cmaier

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site

The difference is, I can read. The original post asked what WILL happen, not "what do you WISH will happen?" There is another thread asking about what people WISH for. The original poster asked for actual predictions.

And I'm negative becaue this board, on phonedifferent, used to consist of intelligent, informed commentary, and now it consists largely of comments by people who can't spell, use punctuation or grammar, and who have no understanding of the smartphone market, Apple's history, or the limitations and possibilities of technology.

IrishJK09

May 30, 2008
Visit site
The difference is, I can read. The original post asked what WILL happen, not "what do you WISH will happen?" There is another thread asking about what people WISH for. The original poster asked for actual predictions.

And I'm negative becaue this board, on phonedifferent, used to consist of intelligent, informed commentary, and now it consists largely of comments by people who can't spell, use punctuation or grammar, and who have no understanding of the smartphone market, Apple's history, or the limitations and possibilities of technology.

True enough I suppose. I can tell you that the "ding dong" population will probably drop off after the contest is over. If nothing else, it is something to hope for.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner