Will the iPhone's battery be able to hold up if it becomes an all-out mobile gaming platform in addition to everything else it already is (and plans on being)? Maybe I'm being pessimistic, but I can't see a phone running a graphics intensive game and giving ANYTHING in the realm of acceptable battery life.
    06-08-2008 03:27 PM
    I hope the new round of games will convince my fiance (pc programmer) to convert to mac.
    06-08-2008 03:29 PM
    Will the iPhone's battery be able to hold up if it becomes an all-out mobile gaming platform in addition to everything else it already is (and plans on being)? Maybe I'm being pessimistic, but I can't see a phone running a graphics intensive game and giving ANYTHING in the realm of acceptable battery life.
    I've been experimenting with the games I wrote (admittedly they are 2D, not 3D), and I have been very impressed with battery life; I think the processor, even at full throttle, is a minor power consumer compared to the radios and the screen.
    06-08-2008 03:40 PM
    I hope the new round of games will convince my fiance (pc programmer) to convert to mac.
    what kind of programmer? (what sort of programming?)
    06-08-2008 03:41 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD