http://www.engadget.com/2008/06/05/3...een-leaks-out/

This was posted today. What are they thinking? if apple is really making the iphone smaller?? that would be horrible. I dont need it smaller i want the functionality! how do you guys feel about it?
    06-05-2008 10:18 PM
    Link to the original —iLounge— reporting of the story

Link to MacRumor's reporting of the story

They are saying that chances of the 3G iPhone's screen being made smaller are slim to none. The thought is that these new screens are for future devices that will diversify the iPhone line.
    Last edited by CrazEtooN; 06-05-2008 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Added link
    06-05-2008 10:24 PM
    I don't usually watch videos on my phone, but I kind of like the smaller 3.2". It still seems very practical and it will probably fit better in my hand. I'm for it.
    06-05-2008 10:25 PM
    @ CrazEtoon

Thanks for that update. Making the phone smaller would ruin it. The purpose of having the entire phone being a screen is to have a good size screen to view everything. It anything i would want it bigger, like those old Intel pics that came out a while ago with the extremely wide internet device. more space to view everything.
    06-05-2008 10:32 PM
    My guess is they are making all iPods touchscreen, and the smaller size will likely be for an iPod Nano. Think about it: video media is becoming a big deal for Apple, they are releasing video to Canada and the UK now, and the iPhone OS(even on iPods) is an awesome mobile gaming platform.

I call iPod Nano touch -- with a whole revamping of the iPod line(excluding the shuffle of course). The turn-wheel and small screen is so, WAY, totally, early 2000s.
    06-05-2008 10:37 PM
    My guess is they are making all iPods touchscreen, and the smaller size will likely be for an iPod Nano.
    I don't think this is for a new iPod nano... there is a hole at the top for the ear piece. although I believe Apple is going to do away with the click-wheel and going touch-screen iPods all the way, I don't think this is it.

I really would like Apple to release a smaller iPhone. I know a lot of people are clamoring for new functionality, but I for one would not mind a more pocket-able version.
    06-06-2008 09:52 AM
    don't you think that if they made the touch screen smaller it would get bigger on the side or stay the same.
    06-06-2008 09:53 AM
    I think if Apple were to release an iphone nano the screen would be much smaller, say 1/2 the size, to create a much smaller form factor. Kind of like the iRAZR with a dual touch-screen flip a la nintendo DS or candybar. I can't see a reason for shrinking the screen nominally.
    06-06-2008 11:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD