What are you going to do with your old iPhone?

What are you going to do with your old iPhone?

• Keep it

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Sell it

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Give it away

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
Haha, you missed out for a year. This has been a fantastic device/phone/whatever else. I can't wait for Monday.

Well after buying an iPod touch and having one of the faulty "black negative" screens, I thought from now on I'd wait for the second generation (of any gadget) to iron out all the kinks.

Also after seeing what the iPod touch has done for me just as far as music, I'm sure the iPhone will totally change the way I use my cell phone.

tschertz01

Mar 11, 2008
Visit site
I'm going to give mine to my best friend. She's been limping along my old Treo 650 for nearly a year now and has even been shopping for a new palm phone. I just think she deserves better than that.

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
Oh yeah, that's a good idea. No one deserves a Treo. Those devices are just terrible. I would much prefer a Windows Mobile device before I get a Treo. I hate Blackberries and would get that before a treo. I think I just dont like Palm at all.

Muero

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
My iPhone sold on eBay last night for $365 plus $35 shipping since it's going to the UK from the US. I'm quite pleased to have gotten back so much after using it for almost a year. I'll be using this money to get the 3G phone as soon as it comes out.

Ahambone

Jun 3, 2008
Visit site
Well after buying an iPod touch and having one of the faulty "black negative" screens, I thought from now on I'd wait for the second generation (of any gadget) to iron out all the kinks.

Also after seeing what the iPod touch has done for me just as far as music, I'm sure the iPhone will totally change the way I use my cell phone.

I was the same way. When the iPhone came out last year, I told myself that I'd wait, because I wanted to see what problems would come from the 1st Gen. I was actually very content with not having one at all- until my girlfriend bought one early this year. Thanks to her, I'm now sucked into the 2nd Gen craze, and can't wait until tomorrow.

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
There are a few of people that don't know about the new iPhone, believe it or not. Try Craigslist, I bet it will sell

SLVR6

Jun 9, 2008
Visit site
Something tells me that those who want to sell AFTER the new phone is released (today) will not get much for their phones. Especially since the new prices are lower. Ouch! I am going to......wait a sec, don't own one!

gjlowe

May 31, 2008
Visit site
I think our first generation iPhones are going to command a premium since you will have to buy the 3G version in the store and activate it right then and there...at least that is what I am gathering from the news from today. So, if you can't get it out the door without activating it, and people want unlocked/unactivated/jailbroken iPhones, it is very likely our current models will sell for MORE than they do now! Just a thought...

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
I think our first generation iPhones are going to command a premium since you will have to buy the 3G version in the store and activate it right then and there...at least that is what I am gathering from the news from today. So, if you can't get it out the door without activating it, and people want unlocked/unactivated/jailbroken iPhones, it is very likely our current models will sell for MORE than they do now! Just a thought...
Yeah that is what I am gathering from the news as well. I wonder how much I could get for it come July. I can't exactly sell it now, I won't have a phone for over a month. I guess when the release date gets closer, I will know what I want to do. If the selling price is good, I might do that.

inertialnav

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I'm going to keep the iPhone I have now. It's not "old" and I can't see spending money for what should accurately be called a refresh of the iPhone. The 3G iPhone can't be really described as all that new. Look at what the new features are:

It offers 3G (I don't live in a 3G area and the available WiFi networks are faster than 3G). Many folks don't live in a 3G area.

It also offers GPS (I don't need turn by turn directions), nor do most non technophobes.

It has the new 2.0 software (which I can get for my current iPhone without spending a dime).

The big extra features, stuff that we haven't imagined yet, will probably be on a future iPhone, which will have a faster processor, more memory and probably go for about $400. I will probably get that phone.

eugarps#CB

May 31, 2008
Visit site
I'll keep the old one at least until the bugs are worked out of the new one. Locate's cool but I can simply text my friends to find out where they're having lunch..... 16GB would be nice but probably not $399.00 worth of nice.

I really like maps, so GPS doesn't fascinate quite so much. I have it built in my wifes Honda Civic Hybrid and we travel in that here in the States.

I know I'll keep the one I have at least for travel.

Bill

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
I'm going to wait until my two year contract is up before making a decision on what I want to do. I agree with inertialnav... this is essentially a refresh and not worth the added expenses. The wait continues.

carsly

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I'm going to wait until my two year contract is up before making a decision on what I want to do. I agree with inertialnav... this is essentially a refresh and not worth the added expenses. The wait continues.

Agreed. One more year left on my original iphone contract so may as well wait for the real 'next generation' iphone rather than jumping out to buy reheated leftovers. Sorry iPhone 3G, you're just not for me.

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
Agreed. One more year left on my original iphone contract so may as well wait for the real 'next generation' iphone rather than jumping out to buy reheated leftovers. Sorry iPhone 3G, you're just not for me.
It's nice to know there are people out there that agree with me on this. It seems like the people who plan to upgrade and don't plan to are 50/50. And like you, I am waiting for the next generation iPhone as well.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative