Does anyone know if there will be some way to get push hotmail email via the upcoming exchange support for the iPhone? I know hotmail won't do this but are there any 3rd party solutions?

And before you say anything about how much Hotmail sucks I already know but have had my email with them for over 10 years and am kind of stuck in my ways. :o
    06-02-2008 02:28 PM
    Does anyone know if there will be some way to get push hotmail email via the upcoming exchange support for the iPhone? I know hotmail won't do this but are there any 3rd party solutions?

And before you say anything about how much Hotmail sucks I already know but have had my email with them for over 10 years and am kind of stuck in my ways. :o
    I haven't heard any push support from third parties, but this sounds like something someone will do and will more than likely charge for this.
    06-02-2008 03:25 PM
    You could pick up your hotmail via gmail and transition over by sending messages from your new gmail address. That is what I did and over a couple weeks I was effectively done with hotmail. Mind you, I still have the hotmail account and check it every week or so in case I miss anything but it isn't my go-to email any longer.
    06-02-2008 04:01 PM
    You could pick up your hotmail via gmail
    What exactly do you mean pick up via gmail?
    06-02-2008 08:01 PM
    auto-forward to your gmail account, you can even set up a rule in gmail to put into a separate folder if you like or just dump into your inbox. then in your gmail set the 'reply to:' preference on outgoing messages to be your new gmail account. Over time, everyone you reply to will eventually end up using your new gmail address.
    06-03-2008 10:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD