3G iPhone Specs and Prices?

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
Yeah $700 sounds ridiculous, terribly ridiculous. But then again 8GB was $599 back then so who knows.

I would predict $500 for the 16GB and $600 for the 32GB.
That would put the 32GB iPod touch $100 less which would be the same back when there was only the 16GB iPod touch.

IndyJonez

May 31, 2008
Visit site
- Lighter weight

Now this somewhat worries me. "Lighter weight" with all this new extra chips and prolly a bigger battery talk, the only way it could get any lighter would be cheap plastic backing, no? Well, I hope not. And if it is plastic I hope it's a damn good durable plastic!

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
Now this somewhat worries me. "Lighter weight" with all this new extra chips and prolly a bigger battery talk, the only way it could get any lighter would be cheap plastic backing, no? Well, I hope not. And if it is plastic I hope it's a damn good durable plastic!

One way it could get lighter with keeping the brushed aluminum backing is making it thinner. iPod touch thin would be nice.

burnsaa

Oct 26, 2006
Visit site
32 GB that would be nice seeing as how my 8 gig is almost full and I havent even put any 3rd party programs on it yet. I would love to have video conferencing although you would only be a able to chat with other iPhone 3G users until all the other iClones come out then hopefully video chat will be as popular here as it in is places like Japan or even Europe.

IndyJonez

May 31, 2008
Visit site
One way it could get lighter with keeping the brushed aluminum backing is making it thinner. iPod touch thin would be nice.

I just don't see it getting any thinner to be honest, but this IS apple were talking about here. Just seems like they could only fatten it up with all the new goodies, but what the hell do I know? Nadda...;)

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
I just don't see it getting any thinner to be honest, but this IS apple were talking about here. Just seems like they could only fatten it up with all the new goodies, but what the hell do I know? Nadda...;)
I heard it would be fatter with the new 3G and GPS chips. But you are right... look what they have done (Air and iMacs).

IndyJonez

May 31, 2008
Visit site
I heard it would be fatter with the new 3G and GPS chips. But you are right... look what they have done (Air and iMacs).

I wonder...thinner...but wider or longer perhaps? I don't have one sitting right in front of me like most of you all do, what do you think? Hold yours in front of you and imagine, WIDER....LONGER....prolly not eh?:D

taylorh

May 24, 2004
www.gadgetech.info
Most PDA phones all go for about $600 when bought unsubsidized and always have. So $700 isn't exactly out of the ballpark if it weren't SIM locked to AT&T.

IrishJK09

May 30, 2008
Visit site
I can't imagine it going for $700. Apple caught quite a bit of flak over the original prices of the iPhone during the initial launch, and I just can't see them doing it twice. I predict it will be $399 for an 8gb, $499 for a 16, and $599 for a 32. I also think they will keep the original around, or re-release it as a classic for $299.

There is also the talk of a "low-end" model for $200 as well...

This may just be my wishful thinking though, because I can't really drop $500 right now, and with the assumption of certain additions, I want this thing badly.

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
The rumour says the 32 GB will be $200 more than the 16 GB but the difference in price between 32 GB and 16 GB iPod Touch is only $100. If this is true then would imply that there is some difference other than just memory between the 16 and 32? Or is it that the iPhone will have a single memory module (the Touch has two) and the single 32s are just real expensive? $700 is a lot but I bet they'd still sell a few :)