Hi, I can't wait for this update. I'm wondering if anyone has heard a specific date?
    06-01-2008 11:05 AM
    I'm betting the same day the 3G iPhone is going to be out, actually I'm pretty sure of that. WWDC is June 9 so probably sometime then or after.
    06-01-2008 11:38 AM
    Yep, I'd be betting on around the same time. It will be nice to finally get an update as its been quiet the last few months.
    06-01-2008 11:57 AM
    I'm wondering if anyone has heard a specific date?
    In March Apple said 'late June' and I think that is still all anyone really knows. You can see the video of the March 6 'iPhone Software Roadmap' here for confirmation of that - if you haven't seen it before it'll likely do a good job of whetting your appetite too
    06-01-2008 12:45 PM
    Yep, I'd be betting on around the same time. It will be nice to finally get an update as its been quiet the last few months.
    I'm really excited about the upcoming App Store, less so about the Exchange support though because I don't use my phone for business purposes. I wonder how many Apps are going to be available at launch.
    06-01-2008 02:04 PM
    I just hope that alot of small developers will put small games and software and not just alot of companies that will sell their stuff.
    06-01-2008 02:38 PM
    I just hope that alot of small developers will put small games and software and not just alot of companies that will sell their stuff.
    I'm sure they will. $99 to put your stuff up on the AppStore is a really good deal. I just wish I knew how to program stuff. 70/30% revenue is pretty awesome too.
    06-01-2008 04:57 PM
    The delay in releasing FW2.0 was to allow developers time to, well, develop. I am sure there will be a good number of apps on the App Store's launch day, with many more to follow.
    06-01-2008 09:06 PM
    I wonder if we'll be able to play our ipod games on our iphones once the update happens. I bought ipod games that I can't do anything with....
    06-01-2008 09:19 PM
    Also has anyone heard anything about what the process will be to get 3g?

Thanks,

Shira
    06-01-2008 09:21 PM

Thanks,

Shira
    What do you mean getting 3G?
    06-01-2008 09:21 PM
    shira, 3G requires new hardware. Process = buy the second generation iPhone and use it with a carrier with a 3G network. Or am I misunderstanding you?
    06-01-2008 10:48 PM
    i thought you have to buy the new phone for 3g lol. 3rd generation iphone = new iphone to buy... i dont think stores will be as packed as when the first one came out.
    06-01-2008 10:58 PM
    With regard to the following quote:

"I'm really excited about the upcoming App Store, less so about the Exchange support though because I don't use my phone for business purposes."

You don't have to use your phone for business purposes to be excited about something as powerful as support for Exchange ActiveSync. Want e-mail to go to your device the moment it hits the server? This is what Exchange support is all about. You can sign up for free e-mail at a site such as www.mail2web.com, and suddenly you will have free push e-mail on your iPhone. Exchange support is powerful stuff, whether you use it for business or personal use.
    06-02-2008 02:03 PM
    With regard to the following quote:

"I'm really excited about the upcoming App Store, less so about the Exchange support though because I don't use my phone for business purposes."

You don't have to use your phone for business purposes to be excited about something as powerful as support for Exchange ActiveSync. Want e-mail to go to your device the moment it hits the server? This is what Exchange support is all about. You can sign up for free e-mail at a site such as www.mail2web.com, and suddenly you will have free push e-mail on your iPhone. Exchange support is powerful stuff, whether you use it for business or personal use.
    Unless I can push support from Gmail to the iPhone, then it won't really benefit me right now. I'm not saying I'm not excited about it, I am. I'm just saying I won't use it anytime soon.
    06-02-2008 03:30 PM
    i thought you have to buy the new phone for 3g lol. 3rd generation iphone = new iphone to buy... i dont think stores will be as packed as when the first one came out.
    I think the stores will be packed just like the first one and then some... depending on the announcements made at WWDC. There are a lot of people that would have jumped on the iPhone boat a long time ago, but they are waiting for 3G and a few features. The features may not come, but 3G is probably enough to make many of them take the plunge.
    06-02-2008 03:30 PM
    I think the stores will be packed just like the first one and then some... depending on the announcements made at WWDC. There are a lot of people that would have jumped on the iPhone boat a long time ago, but they are waiting for 3G and a few features. The features may not come, but 3G is probably enough to make many of them take the plunge.
    I bet it won't be sold out again. Last year I walked into the Apple Store an hour after the launch and snagged an iPhone. They literally had hundreds behind the counter and in the back room. I'm not concerned about not being able to score one.
    06-02-2008 03:33 PM
    I bet it won't be sold out again. Last year I walked into the Apple Store an hour after the launch and snagged an iPhone. They literally had hundreds behind the counter and in the back room. I'm not concerned about not being able to score one.
    Depends where you live too.
    Living here up in the sticks of New Hampshire (I'm surprised having an Apple store in our mall at all actually), I could bet we won't be sold out. Cities like New York or Boston most likely will be if it's released a week or two after the WWDC announcement.
    06-02-2008 05:41 PM
    Depends where you live too.
    Living here up in the sticks of New Hampshire (I'm surprised having an Apple store in our mall at all actually), I could bet we won't be sold out. Cities like New York or Boston most likely will be if it's released a week or two after the WWDC announcement.
    Ah yes, I guess. The store I went to didn't seem like it was situated in a very populous place, but if they had hundreds left over after an hour, I'm willing to bet places like the 5th Avenue store won't run out day 1, lol maybe day 2 they will.
    06-02-2008 06:11 PM
    When Will I Get The 2.0 Update. And What Will The New Phone Have That The Update Wont????
    06-03-2008 07:42 AM
    When Will I Get The 2.0 Update. And What Will The New Phone Have That The Update Wont????
    The update should be out sometime next week or at latest maybe end of the month. Its release should correspond with the release of the new iPhone. The new iPhone is rumored to be available with GPS capabilities, 3G speeds, better battery life, voice conferencing, etc. These are physical features and simply cannot be accomplished with a software update.
    06-03-2008 09:44 AM
    I can't understand people who cant just look around the other posts and most ask again,,,,,, but thats non of my bussiness.....
    06-03-2008 12:37 PM
    The updated iPhone software and App Store should be available on Monday... probably sometime after Steve Jobs keynote at the WWDC.
    06-03-2008 01:56 PM
    I think xintelisanex has the right call. Updated 2.0 firmware and app store should be up and running if not Monday then soon afterwards. Who wants to bet that the Jobs keynote will focus mainly on the firmware 2.0 update, apps that people have developed, maybe a new shuffle (iPod femto?) and then, last but not least, the new iPhone? They should just cut the theatrics and list the new iphone in the apple online store already. We all know the apple store will be taken down just before the keynote gets going anyway.
    06-03-2008 03:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD