iPhone Pictures

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
I wonder if Apple is going to enable some sort of video recording for the iPhone. If it could take pictures at say 20 fps, it would be some sort of video. Haha, we'll see.

Limozulu

May 31, 2008
Visit site
I think that Apple should make a video camera in the new ones. All the new cellphones have video camera and its not like its anything special!

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
Yup I would like to have a cellphone vid camera, but I don't think the 3g iphone will have it. Maybe in the next iteration for it. Taking pictures is great, so maybe a video camera app that just snaps a bunch of pictures.

neolite

May 31, 2008
Visit site
There is a camera app available in Installer if you jailbreak your phone. However, the quality was marginal when I tried it, you really need to be in outdoor bright sunlight for it to work.

The worst limitation however, was the fact that there is no sound, and the clips are limited to just 4 seconds in length. Looks like we may need some updated buffer/encoding hardware from apple in order for it to work right.

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
There is a camera app available in Installer if you jailbreak your phone. However, the quality was marginal when I tried it, you really need to be in outdoor bright sunlight for it to work.

The worst limitation however, was the fact that there is no sound, and the clips are limited to just 4 seconds in length. Looks like we may need some updated buffer/encoding hardware from apple in order for it to work right.

Well I meant an official app, I don't want to or have any plans on jailbreaking my phone. How many FPS did the app do?

neolite

May 31, 2008
Visit site
The framerate was exactly what the preview screen seemed to show. It bright conditions it was very high, probably 20+, with no light it was as low as 2-3.

IrishJK09

May 30, 2008
Visit site
Don't discredit the thought of the 3G iPhone having this feature. It has been widely requested, and is easy to implement, so it very well could be there. Just look at RIM for an example. Their Curve/Pearl devices didn't ship with video recording capabilities, but an upcoming OS update adds it (it records sound too).

It wouldn't take much more on the part of Apple to add this to the new iPhone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner