My hope's for the new iphone

deggie#IM

May 30, 2008
Visit site
My hopes for the new iphone are: longer lasting battery, searching contacts, paste option, saving photos directly to iphone, Yahoo IM.....I am hoping all of these come true....only a little while to go.

Vera

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
An Adium-like app would be pretty awesome.
But since apps cannot run in the background, as found out with the SDK, you'd be signed off after you exit.

neolite

May 31, 2008
Visit site
Yeah, I think that a true chat application will eventually come from apple/aol/google officially. They already demoed that AIM app at the SDK announcement, but having it accept messages when the phone is in sleep is the one thing needed for a true killer app.

AIM would be a logical first step, but I hope that Google's android push won't stop them from making a killer native gtalk app as well.

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
Yup, AIM not running in the background on the iPhone is going to suck. If you are in the middle of a convo, and your phone rings, that's just going to suck. Kind of reminds me of dial up, when you had to log off to make a phone call. Maybe Apple will slowly allow apps to run in the background (hopefully).

neolite

May 31, 2008
Visit site
Are you sure that officially sponsored apps couldn't run in the background? I understand not allowing just any old apps to do it, but they could make some sort of deals.

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
I'm sure it's possible for Apple to make some sort of deal behind closed doors with AOL or Yahoo for them to run in the background.

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
So instead of having a list of names just have a collage of pictures? That's actually pretty cool. That's merely a software update rather than a new iPhone model.

burnsaa

Oct 26, 2006
Visit site
And you could put a persons picture on one of your home screens then tap to call. You would probably want the warning box to pop up that says would you like to call enter-name-here or maybe not I dont remember my treo havng a pop up and I can't ever remember accidentaly calling anyone.

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
I would love to be able to put a link on the home screeen for a certain phone number, this would serve to elimate the extra steps needed to call someone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2