3G iphone and EDGE iphone

dover2011

May 20, 2008
Visit site
Ok...I bought my iPhone from the At&t store on Monday May 12 2008. Apple has a return policy of 14 days so I have up till the 26th of May to return it. I love my iphone. But if there is a 3G iphone coming out I am wondering if I should return my old iphone and wait till the 3G iphone comes out in June at WWDC (or so they say...) :confused:
is there anything i should know before doing this or just give me your input and that would be great
Thanks,
Dover :confused:
dover2011@gmail.com
(the sooner the better i dont have much time lol)

hotrod#AC

Jan 31, 2006
Visit site
It depends on how long you can go without your iphone. The next phone is reported to be announced on June 9. But when they arrive at AT&T stores may be June 9 or more than likely sometime around June 22.
Me, I haven't purchased yet, so I'm waiting. Hopefully, it will have 3g plus GPS!

anon(4661222)

May 30, 2008
Visit site
I'd definately return it. Even if your area doesn't have 3G yet, it probably will in the future, plus there will be a number of improvements besides 3G in the new iPhone. I know I'd be kicking myself if I bought the first gen so close the second gen being announced.

There's also rumors of AT&T possibly subsidizing the iPhone as well.

WatersWest

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
I agree with Reaktor5 ... buying an iPhone now is like buying a 2008 vehicle now (right before / as the 2009's are coming out), but without the year-end discounts. What's worse is this: with vehicles, prices always tend to go up year after year. With Apple products, prices always tend to go down. I remember having a 1st gen Nano, thinking I would sell it when the 2nd gen came out so that I could buy an 8gb instead of my 1st-gen 4gb. However, the prices dropped so much, I wasn't able to make the buy-and-sell worth it. Definitely wait. The price will either stay the same or go down, and you will definitely get a more full-featured phone.

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
Yup I would return it as well. No point in getting something that is going to be outdated in like a week. I could certainly go without cell service for a while. I have the EDGE version and might upgrade if the price is right <$349.

emceechad

Jun 5, 2008
Visit site
I agree with Reaktor5 ... buying an iPhone now is like buying a 2008 vehicle now (right before / as the 2009's are coming out), but without the year-end discounts. What's worse is this: with vehicles, prices always tend to go up year after year. With Apple products, prices always tend to go down. I remember having a 1st gen Nano, thinking I would sell it when the 2nd gen came out so that I could buy an 8gb instead of my 1st-gen 4gb. However, the prices dropped so much, I wasn't able to make the buy-and-sell worth it. Definitely wait. The price will either stay the same or go down, and you will definitely get a more full-featured phone.

That's an incredible and very true analogy. It is indeed true, buying an EDGE iPhone (as I was about to do) would be foolish right now, studying Apple's constant trends would make that to be true, which does make holding out for 3G the right choice.

patcom8

Jun 5, 2008
Visit site
you cant make a mistake waiting out for the new one. its not just 3g its goign to be so much. you woudl be extremely upset not waiting for the new one and having all the new functions which will come along with it.

inertialnav

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Checking for the 3G network is key. I don't have it where I live (middle of nowhere, South Carolina), but I wonder if AT&T has put out a map for 3G growth in the future.

Has anyone seen this?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner