Floored by Apple Customer Service

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
This past weekend my wifi just stopped working... it would bounce back and forth from edge to wifi. Called Apple care and got transfered to tier 2 of tech support. Spent maybe 20 minutes troubleshooting it with me. She then made notes in my account to get a brand new phone from my local Apple store. This was nice, she even set my appointment up. Walked in and got a brand new phone and left. I get home and notice dead pixels! The lady from customer care called me back later that day to see if my wifi was working on the new phone and it was and I mentioned the dead pixels which I was going to live with and she said one dead pixel is too many. She is sending me a brand new 16gb iPhone to upgrade my 8gb with dead pixels. I was shocked. Safe to say I am keeping her extension number if any other problems arise with future Apple hardware. Made me a Apple fan for life.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Hmm, when I called Palm support last year, I was told my problem would be handled, when it wasn't I was told again, and again, then escalated to manager, then told manager didn't exist, told my file didn't exist, told to f'off and stop bothering them, then began Digg campaign, then manager mysteriously re-existed, then finally got resolution.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I already got my confirmation for the 16gb. At first I was worried that there was no insurance with the iPhone. But now I'm glad. Id much rather deal with Apple than anyone at Sprint or Verizon.

joshboldman

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
You know, I had a problem with a 5 Gen ipod once and they basically did the same thing. My 30gb died, and they replaced it with an 80gb. Not really sure why, but I wasn't going to complain.

sterling

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
Hmm, A few months ago my black 13.3" macbook began having lots of issues w/ wifi. When I took it to the Apple store the tech just told me they had to wait for an update and they could do absolutely nothing for me. I was pretty mad...Glad you had a better experience =P

Dionte

Jul 6, 2008
Visit site
apple seems to have really good customer support when their devices fail, I had an ipod that went dead, they sent me a new one in about 2 days with free return shipping to send back the old one, nice to know they are just as good with the iphone

bripat22

Jun 8, 2008
Visit site
This past weekend my wifi just stopped working... it would bounce back and forth from edge to wifi. Called Apple care and got transfered to tier 2 of tech support. Spent maybe 20 minutes troubleshooting it with me. She then made notes in my account to get a brand new phone from my local Apple store. This was nice, she even set my appointment up. Walked in and got a brand new phone and left. I get home and notice dead pixels! The lady from customer care called me back later that day to see if my wifi was working on the new phone and it was and I mentioned the dead pixels which I was going to live with and she said one dead pixel is too many. She is sending me a brand new 16gb iPhone to upgrade my 8gb with dead pixels. I was shocked. Safe to say I am keeping her extension number if any other problems arise with future Apple hardware. Made me a Apple fan for life.

You might want to directly speak with her supervisor and give her a kudos for this!!! I have worked in Customer Service and know how much that can mean.

jmeiners

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
i had a failure of my iMac within a few weeks of getting it and after a 15-20 minute call with customer care they indicated the my local apple store would be replacing the unit. they had me hooked for life at that point.

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site

Glad to hear you got that taken care of. :) I had almost the same thing happen to me. I bought an iPhone off of ebay, it came, and it was all jacked up. The scratches didnt really bother me, but what made me take into the Apple store was the broken SIM tray. I couldn't get my sim in. So they just gave me a brand new iPhone. I was completely floored too!

Last edited:

Mihai

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
WOW! That is really nice to see that good things happen to loial customers. Fortunately, I haven't had any problems with my Apple products until now, but I hope if it comes to it, I will benefit of the same attention :)

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Hmm, A few months ago my black 13.3" macbook began having lots of issues w/ wifi. When I took it to the Apple store the tech just told me they had to wait for an update and they could do absolutely nothing for me. I was pretty mad...Glad you had a better experience =P

My girlfriend just got a macbook and I was having issues with wifi disconnecting when not plugged into a power source, once you plug it in it does stay connected. I did some searching on the net for a answer and it from what I found you will have to wait for a update. Seems to be the common answer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen