Transitioning from Sprint 700p Treo to Iphone...how was it?

gadgetfreaky

Nov 9, 2005
Visit site
Basically I use my 700p to check gmail and browse the web and sometimes talk:).

What are the things you missed?
1. Specifically, how hard is it to get used to no keyboard?
2. What about one handed operation?

My question is--how is the transition from someone who had a palm OS treo? Seems like these two issues would be the only ones I'd miss the Palm Os.

cmaier

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
I frequently use it with one hand. You can double-tap to zoom instead of the pinch gesture, and I find that works.

Keyboard took me a couple of weeks (I came from treo). Now I feel like i'm way faster on the iphone than on the treo because of the way it does error correction. Only pain is when I manually type in non-words like urls.

Typing emails, notes, and sms is easier for me than on treo. You just have to ignore when you press the wrong key and keep going, and watch as it is magically corrected for you.

Supes2000

Mar 17, 2006
Visit site
Treo to iPhone - Seamless

I was a a huge Treo fan, and I have to say that the transition would be easier today than it was a few months ago. This is not only with a wide variety of web apps, and but the firmware has undergone some major updates as well, ie: web clips.

About the only issue I have today is the fact that I cannot use the iPhone in cold weahter id I have gloves on, but thats a minor gripe.

For web apps, check out apple.com for the a great web app list and enjoy, you won't even miss the Treo in a few weeks.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Same here. I hated the Treo keyboard and much prefer the one on the iPhone. What do I miss? Beaming info, recording video. What don't I miss? Daily crashes while making/receiving calls, p!$$-poor media handling, and an archaic interface.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
But you'll miss the speed. You'll miss the apps..web 2.0 ones don't really compare. And you'll miss the other features.

One handed use is really not an option on the iphone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro