ReQall for the iPhone

archie

Oct 1, 2003
Visit site
Third coolest iPhone function yet.

Just signed up today.

Dial up 1-888-9-REQALL (of course you will want to put this into your favorites)
Wait 3 seconds say "Add" or just hit 1 on the keypad
Start talking

Here's where it gets really good.

It can then e-mail you (or you can choose SMS, or both) the transcription of what you said as a reminder.

AND if you have iCal (Google Calendar and Outlook 2007 work too), you can subscribe to an iCal feed which consists of your transcribed voice recordings. This is beautiful. I start up iCal at the desktop and my recordings all show up in the To-Do lists under the calendar category that I choose.

I can also access these transcriptions from their website and add to them buy typing a text entry.

Or just hit the ReQall # under favorites to listen to it.

A+

archie

Oct 1, 2003
Visit site
Kind of a back-*** way to record a message to yourself .. I wonder who's behind the curtain typing out your messages ?

Yeh, it is an extra step to tap the ReQall number from the Favorites, then wait for a few seconds while it dials, and then saying "add"; BUT, I suspect it might take just as long on a Windows Mobile device with voice recording built in.

Certainly nice to have until Apple can implement their version of voice transcription as patented for iPods and iPhones from back in June. Unfortunately, I suspect Apple's version won't be compatible with Google Gadgets like ReQall's is, at least initially.