Here's a quote I just pulled from the net. Heather Friedland is the product planner for desktop search within Microsoft. She is or course speaking about M$ Desktop Search tool.

"One difference, said Friedland, are group policies that can be set by the IT manager to govern the types of searches allowed by the information workers. For example, the IT manager might designate that intranet searches or SharePoint searches are permissible, but not searches of individuals Outlook inboxes."

Look cmaier... I mean mikec... err however you want me to address you. Heather says this is what it does so why can't you believe me when I say that is what it does as well.
    All that says is: "if you are going to have search, you must control what can be searched." It does NOT say: "you must have search."

Your statement was that SOX requires search. Not that "SOX required microsoft to take its search tool and add policies to it."
    01-23-2008 06:05 PM
    Here's a quote I just pulled from the net. Heather Friedland is the product planner for desktop search within Microsoft. She is or course speaking about M$ Desktop Search tool.

"One difference, said Friedland, are group policies that can be set by the IT manager to govern the types of searches allowed by the information workers. For example, the IT manager might designate that intranet searches or SharePoint searches are permissible, but not searches of individuals Outlook inboxes."

Look cmaier... I mean mikec... err however you want me to address you. Heather says this is what it does so why can't you believe me when I say that is what it does as well.
    Hmmm...this just looks like permission setting to me. It's not SOX related.

Sorry, but you keep providing "evidence" that have nothing to do with your assertion.
    01-24-2008 09:40 AM
    Which is exactly why the software companies were called upon! JEEZ... you moron.

It does, you just said so yourself.
    "Moron?" Oh, the humanity! I hope the mods protect me from such harmful insults! Last layer of defense when you know you are wrong...name calling.

"Software companies were called upon"....um, I really think youdon't understand how software get's made and marketed. There are lot of "SOX" related software software/solutions out there, bu again, WDS was not made to adddress that. Integratiing it with Active DIrectory != SOX driven.

Maybe I should pick another obvious "free" software upgrade, and you can try to spin that. Or will it all be SOX related, no matter what?

I'm not sure why you said "you said so yourself" (referring to this being SOX related). I never did, and that is a lie. You like to lie, as you are patholgoically incapabale of separating your incorrect interpretations from reality.

Amy Winehouse callled...she wants her crack pipe back.
    01-24-2008 09:46 AM
    we're done here.
    01-24-2008 11:07 AM
129 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD